Why Does My Samsung Smart TV Disconnect from Wifi? 5 Fixes to Try
Samsung TV is a smart set integrated with internet capability, which provides users with wider computing opportunities and a better connectivity than a normal TV. But there is one big concern among most people with a Samsung Smart TV. Why does the Samsung TV disconnect from Wifi?
Old firmware or the device being in need of a factory reset are the two most common reasons that cause a Samsung TV to disconnect from Wi-Fi.
Let’s get more in depth with the five most common reasons that cause the Samsung Smart TV to disconnect from your Wifi.
Causes for Wi-Fi Disconnection In Samsung Smart TVs
Some things that may cause Wi-Fi disconnection from a Samsung TV include:
- Just a bug – Whenever the problem of disconnecting from Wi-Fi occurs, people quickly run for the big solutions that might not be necessary in their case. However, the problem may be a lot smaller and less tiring, like the internet password might have changed, or there is a simple bug in the software.
- DNS Settings Error – This TV, as many others, supports connectivity to the internet, so it has a DNS which is the Domain Name System. When you try to connect your Samsung Smart TV to the internet for the first time, it automatically tries to fetch the DNS server. In this case you will need to manually set the DNS server settings by yourself.
- Outdated Software – If you usually turn the internet off from your Samsung Smart TV, or you have set the settings preference to not automatically update the software. Your TVs software/firmware might be outdated and you need to manually download the update for it to be able to connect to Wi-Fi again.
- Modem/Router Issue – If you have an old modem/router or the one that you have is in bad shape. You might need to contact your internet service provider to replace your modem/router for your Samsung Smart TV to be able to connect to the network once again.
- Failure of MAC Address – If your Samsung Smart TV is not even detecting the wireless connection, then your problem might be that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) has blocked the static MAC address of that device.
Let’s get into how to fix the issues that cause your Samsung Smart TV to disconnect from your Wifi which are mentioned above.
5 Ways to Prevent Your Samsung Smart TV from Disconnecting from Wifi
There are multiple things that people do when their Samsung Smart TV disconnects from Wifi, and you can find each of them below. If you encounter the problem of Wifi disconnection with your Samsung Smart TV, it is advised to try these solutions out in order
Restart Your Device
One of the most viable and proved to be working ways of fixing this issue is restarting your Samsung Smart TV.
Simply turn it on and grab your remote control, then hold the power button for a few seconds until you notice the Samsung logo flashing, then release the power button. If you can’t find your remote control, you can unplug the TV from the socket, then re-plug it, but make this your last option as it might affect your TV.
Now that your Samsung Smart TV is not connected to the internet, you will need to download the software or firmware update manually, here is how to do so:
- Open your browser from your PC or Laptop, go to the Samsung website and on to the support section.
- Then you will need to identify your TV model in the support section, then download its latest version, and unzip the file.
- You will then need a flash drive, connect it to your PC or Laptop, then move the unzipped latest update files onto that flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive to your Samsung Smart TV.
- Use your remote control to open the menu, go to settings and choose support. Then you click on software update and choose update now, then choose the USB option.
Now, let’s take a look at repositioning your router.
Reposition Your Router
Try to place your router or modem in a location that is close to your Samsung Smart TV in order to get a stable internet connection.
Disable Guest Networking
You will either need to connect your Samsung Smart TV to a PC and open the settings from there to disable guest networking if it’s the reason blocking the connection, or if your TV model has the feature, you can go to settings directly from the TV using the remote control, and disable it there.
Contact Your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
If none of these solutions or anything you have tried before works out, then contact your ISP to try and find a solution for their problem on their side.
After solving your problem, you might want to look at some of these useful products on amazon.com
Related Amazon Products
Here are some Amazon products related to Samsung TV Wi-Fi issues:
Now you know why your Samsung TV disconnects from your Wi-Fi