Samsung Smart TVs are becoming extremely popular and everyone is loving them. They have tons of neat features and allow you to do a variety of things on them. Of course, one of the biggest things people love is the high quality entertainment they get to enjoy from the Samsung TV.
Samsung TVs can last around 4 to 7 years with constant usage. This includes having it set on the highest brightness, and almost always being on. If you care for your TV properly it can last you much longer than this time frame.
Do you absolutely love your Samsung TV? If so, you are probably wondering just how long you can get by with it. It is worth the money and won’t disappoint you with it’s life expectancy.
How Long Do Samsung TV’s Last?
One of the biggest benefits of the Samsung Smart TV is that it has access to a lot of channels that offer things like shows, movies, and music without having to connect your TV to any antennas or buying pricey subscriptions to cable services. They also provide internet browsing, gaming opportunities, and other types of access to compatible media content just like what is stored on your computer.
Samsungs are notorious for being good for many years. Even if you’re constantly using it, it can last up to 7 years. However, for more moderate users, they can last anywhere from 7-15 years on average.
The brand of TV you choose will make all the difference in it’s life expectancy. Samsung is one of the most high quality brands you can choose and they use the best components and parts when making their TVs. With the right Samsung TV, you could well exceed the 4 to 7 year mark. TVs are given a rough guess of how long they will last but these numbers aren’t an exact marker.
Prolonging The Life Of Your TV
It is definitely possible to prolong the life expectancy of your TV. There are steps you can take to keep it in the best condition and make it last longer than expected. Here are some simple steps below:
- Make sure to always turn off your TV. When you’re not using it, always make sure to power it off. A backlight on your TV can be one of the quickest things to go bad as heat builds up and causes it to stop working. Some TVs have timers that are built in to automatically shut off the TV at certain times- take advantage of this!
- Provide plenty of space for your TV. Make sure to always keep your TV in an area that is away from the window so it can’t be damaged from rain or sunlight. Don’t keep it near any other appliance as it could produce too much heat, in return causing issues. Make sure that there is always plenty of airflow for your TV so it won’t overheat. Wall Mounts are amazing for this. You can find affordable wall mounts here.
- Always clean your TV and take care of it. Get into a good routine of keeping your TV clean as it can help it last longer than if it was caked with dust and debris. You can use a microfiber cloth for the screen. Remember to always stay away from chemicals when cleaning it as it can cause issues.
- Checking the brightness. When you use higher brightness levels it can cause your back lights to burn out more quickly. You should be sure to have your brightness on the recommended settings to avoid this.
- Using a power strip. Power surges can cause your TV to fry. A surge protector or power strip will save your TV from breaking or burning up the electrical parts of it.
If you do all of the steps that we talked about above then you can likely prolong the life of your TVs expectancy by several years if not more. Having a Samsung TV is a huge advantage as they are well-made with high quality components.
How Often You Should Replace Your TV?
It is expected that your TV will last around 4 to 7 years. That isn’t always completely accurate and depends totally on your personal choice and what the exact needs of your TV entail. Many households don’t only have one TV, they have multiple. If your TV starts to fail or a repair will cost more than a new TV itself, then it may be good to consider purchasing a new TV.
Samsung TVs can last a pretty good while when they are taken care of properly. Meaning they can last upwards of ten years without any malfunctions. It’s important to keep your TV in a safe place, make sure it is clean, power it off when it’s not being used or watched, and always use a surge protector. Doing these things are really important and can make a vast difference in how long your Samsung TV will last.