How to Update the Software on a Samsung TV?
Samsung TVs are a full range of smart devices that offer numerous features. They are one of the most popular TVs around the world, and the most popular choice for US households. Keeping the firmware updated will allow you immediate access to the newest features that Samsung is rolling out. There are several ways to do this that you may not be aware of.
If you have a Samsung TV and are interested in how to keep the software updated, read on to find out about how to do this
Once your Samsung TV is connected to your home internet, you will be able to receive automatic updates for it. These will be downloaded in the background even as you watch TV, and they will be made available the next time the TV is turned on.
If you connect your Samsung TV to the internet during the initial setup when you purchase it, automatic updates will be turned on by default once you’ve accepted the Terms and Conditions.
To enable or disable this feature, make sure to go into your Samsung TV’s Settings. There, you will see a Support option, that when clicked will lead you to Software Update, where the Auto-Update feature can be toggled on or off.
You can expect updates that include new features to be automatically added to your Samsung TV every two years. Normal updates will occur at shorter intervals and will include fixes.
If you’re looking to get more features through your Samsung TV without having to wait for updates, you can always get an Evolution Kit, which will boost your processing speed.
If you have automatic updates turned off, or if you’d rather make sure they are installed as quickly as they become available, you can always manually install them. When the Samsung TV is connected to the internet, you can follow the next steps to update the software:
- Press the menu button on your remote.
- Choose Settings.
- Select Support.
- Press Software Update.
- If there are any software updates available, they will be listed.
- Install the update by selecting the Update Now option.
This will make the updates download and install on your Samsung TV. The process can take several minutes, and the TV must be kept on for the duration. Once the updates have been installed, the Samsung TV will automatically restart, and you will have your most recent version of the software available.
Another option you can use to update the software on a Samsung TV is to do it via a USB drive. Follow these steps if you’d like to use this method:
- On your computer or laptop, go to the Samsung Download Center. You can find your Samsung TV either under Product Name or by inserting the model number. This will lead you to a dedicated Support page that will include a download of the latest software update.
- Once the download is done, unzip it and copy it to a USB drive.
- Insert the USB drive into the port on the Samsung TV.
- Proceed to Settings – Support – Software Update.
- When prompted, respond with Yes to Update Now?
Once this process has been started, your Samsung TV will get the necessary software update from your USB drive and install it. There will be instructions on the screen to guide you. The Samsung TV will restart once the installation is complete, at which point you will have fully-updated firmware.
If you are having issues with your Samsung TV that you feel will be helped by updating the software, you may find that there is nothing available to install. In this case, you should aim to attempt to proceed with other troubleshooting options. You should make sure that the apps themselves are up-to-date.
Although having up-to-date software will ensure the smooth running of your Samsung TV, it is not the only way to solve problems that may occur with it. If nothing seems to help fix the issue, contact Samsung customer support. They will be able to provide you with solutions.
Keeping your Samsung TV up-to-date will ensure that you get the best out of your software at all times. It will also help with the following:
- Streaming services can change their requirements, which would require a general software update to implement. If that is not done, apps may stop working.
- Broadcast or cable system updates will be included in software updates. Ignoring them may cause issues with your TV channels.
- Updating the software on a Samsung TV will keep adding improvements to existing features, even if there are no new ones. This will get you the best performance from your Samsung TV.
Updating on a Samsung TV can be done either by turning on automatic updates, manually downloading them via the internet straight to the device, or using a portable USB drive to transfer the software file from a computer to the TV.