By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Whether you’re running low on storage space, want to clean up your Event History, or just need more privacy, it is possible to delete Ring videos.
Here’s how you can delete your Ring videos on any device.
Deleting Ring Videos on Different Platforms
Video recordings from your Ring Camera or Doorbell can pile up over time.
If you have a Ring Protect Plan, recordings are automatically deleted after 60 days by default. However, it is possible to delete Ring videos manually.
Deleting Videos in the Ring App
Deleting videos in the Ring app works the same way for iOS and Android devices. Follow these steps to delete any recordings from your phone:
- Open the Ring app.
- Select “History” at the top of the screen to open your events list.
- Tap “Actions” to the right of “Event History” at the top.
- Select each event you want to delete, then tap “Delete.” If you want to delete all recorded videos from all your Ring devices, press the “Delete All” button.
You can delete one or multiple videos using this method.
If you have more than one Ring device and only want to delete recorded videos from one camera, follow the steps below:
- Tap the Settings icon to the right of your camera’s Live View in the Ring app.
- Select “Event History.”
- Tap the “Actions” button.
- Select the videos you want to delete, then tap “Delete.” Or, tap “Delete All” to delete all the camera’s recordings.
Deleting Videos on a Desktop
Most users access their Ring accounts from the app. However, deleting Ring videos from your desktop is also possible.
Here’s how to delete Ring videos using a computer:
- Navigate to the Ring login page on a web browser and login with your Ring account details.
- Select “History” at the top of the screen.
- Select the videos you want to delete from your Event History, then press “Delete.” Or, choose “Select All,” then “Delete All.”
Other Things You Do With Ring Videos
It’s easy to delete Ring videos from your Event History, but there are other features you may be missing out on.
Saving and Sharing Videos
With a Ring Protect Plan, you can download, edit, and share videos from your Ring devices.
Ring recently extended the time before videos will be automatically deleted from your Ring account. The default is still 60 days, but now, you can adjust your settings to keep your video recordings for up to 180 days.
If you want to keep videos from your Ring camera longer than that, it’s a good idea to save them on another device.
Here’s how to download a Ring video from the Ring app:
- Select “History” at the top of the screen.
- Find the video you want to download, then tap the three dots to open the More menu.
- Select Share > Download.
You can share the video to your favorite social media site or Ring Neighbors using the same Share menu.
And here’s how you can download a video through your Ring account on a web browser:
- After signing into your Ring account, select History > Manage.
- Choose the video you want to save.
- Press “Download.”
If you want a family member, neighbor, or roommate to have access to your Ring Cameras without signing them into your Ring account, you can add them as a Shared User.
Here’s how to add a Shared User:
- Open the Ring app and press the Settings icon next to the device you want to share.
- Select “Shared Access,” then “Add User.”
- Enter the Shared User’s email address and select the cameras you want to give them access to.
- Tap “Send Invite.”
Now, the Shared User can accept the invitation in their inbox and view your cameras on their own Ring account.
Note: If your Shared User already has a Ring account, enter the email address they use to log into Ring when you send the invite.
FAQ: Ring Camera Videos
Can You Access Deleted Ring Videos?
Unfortunately, it’s usually impossible to recover deleted Ring videos. Your best bet is to contact Ring Support or use external software that can recover deleted files.
What is the Difference Between a Private and Shared Ring Video?
If you don’t download or share a video, the only people who will have access to it are you and any Shared Users you’ve given access to your camera.
When you share a Ring video, a link is created to it. Anyone who clicks this link will be able to view the video.
Can You Unshare a Ring Video?
You can delete the shared copy and link to a Ring video by Unsharing it on the Ring website:
- Sign into your Ring account on a web browser.
- Select “History.”
- Press “View Shared Videos.”
- Select the video you want to Unshare, then tap “Manage.”
- Press “Unshare.”
- Follow the prompts to confirm.