With a Ring Protect subscription plan, Ring security cameras and doorbells will record automatically when motion is sensed, your doorbell is pressed, or your Ring Alarm is armed or disarmed. This can add up to a lot of video recordings. The recordings are automatically deleted after 60 days, but you may want to delete them manually sooner than that.
How to delete Ring videos on iOS, Android and desktop: iOS and Android users can delete any video recordings from the dashboard of the Ring app. Go to the EVENT HISTORY to delete it. Recordings can also be deleted on a desktop browser by going to Ring.com/account.
There are several options for how you can delete Ring videos on various devices. For example, you can delete all the videos from a specific device or delete videos individually. I have provided detailed instructions for all the different ways to delete your Ring videos.
Deleting Ring Videos
You may want to delete Ring videos after you review them to keep track of which ones you have reviewed and make it easier to find ones that you want to rewatch later.
A word of caution: Once a video is deleted, it cannot be recovered.
Deleting Videos in the Ring App
Deleting videos in the Ring app works the same way for iOS and Android devices. You can delete all the recordings from all your Ring devices at the same time, or you can delete all the recordings from a specific device. And of course, you can delete videos individually.
Follow these steps to delete videos in the Ring app:
- Open the Ring app on your phone or tablet.
- Swipe the recent events list (Event History) to the right to reveal checkboxes.
- Click the 3 dots to delete a single video
- You may need hard press a video from the History to multi-select (Android)
- Select the specific video(s) you want to delete.
- Select the trash can icon to delete the event(s) and associated recording(s).
- Tap “Delete”.
Once you have swiped right to reveal the checkboxes, you will see a “Delete All” button in the bottom-right corner. This button lets you delete all the recorded videos from all your Ring devices with one click.
If you have multiple Ring devices, you can also delete all the videos from one specific Ring device.
- In the Ring app, click on the device you want to delete the videos from.
- Tap “Recent Activity”.
- Swipe right on the event lis
- Select “Delete All” to delete only the videos from this particular Ring device.
Deleting Videos on a Desktop
While most Ring owners use the Ring app for all of their Ring needs, you can also use a computer to access your Ring account online. Deleting Ring videos using a computer is very similar to deleting them in the Ring app.
To delete Ring videos using a computer:
- Go to Ring.com/account using your preferred Internet browser.
- Sign in with your Ring account information.
- Select the videos that you want to delete from the event list, and click “Delete”.
- Or, choose “Select All” at the top of the list, and click on “Delete All”.
Other Things You Do With Ring Videos
With a Ring Protect subscription plan, you can download, edit and share videos from your Ring devices as you please.
Videos will be automatically deleted from your Ring account after 60 days, so if you want to keep them longer than that, you will need to save them on to one of your other devices such as a phone or laptop.
Saving and Sharing Videos
You can download videos from your Ring app or from your Ring account in a web browser. When you access your recorded videos through the Ring app, you can share them directly to your favorite social media site or Ring’s Neighbors app.
When you access your videos through the Ring account on a web browser, you can copy a video’s URL link and share the video as you like using the link. Check out this article for instructions on how to download and share your Ring videos.
Once you have downloaded your Ring videos to your computer or other device, you can edit them using your preferred editing software just like you would any other video. I love this versatility of Ring videos.
Another way to share your Ring videos with someone is to add that person as a Shared User on your Ring account. You should only do this if you trust the person because Shared Users can view and download recorded videos from your Ring devices. Shared Users cannot delete videos or change any settings.
To add a Shared User:
- Open the Ring app and select one of your Ring devices you want to share. You will be able to select additional devices to share later.
- Select the settings icon.
- Select “Shared Users”.
- Select “Add User”.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to add. It needs to be the same email address they use for their Ring account.
- Choose the Ring devices that you want to share with this person.
- Select “Send Invite”.