When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
AirPods work effortlessly with other Apple products, but they can also be used with other brands of devices with a few more steps.
To connect your AirPods to a Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Press the Settings button on your Samsung TV remote
- Select Sound and Sound Output
- Select Bluetooth Speaker List to allow the TV to begin Searching for Bluetooth Devices
- Take AirPods and open the case (without removing the AirPods)
- Turn the AirPods around and hard press the small button until the light flashes white (Enable Pairing Mode)
- The AirPods will display on the Bluetooth Speaker List
- Select it and press “Pair and connect”
It’s that easy to connect your AirPods to a Samsung TV! You can now control the volume with your Samsung TV remote or your smartphone.
Note that your Bluetooth settings may be slightly different depending on your TV model but they are generally in your TV Sound Settings.
Still having trouble? Here is a YouTube video we made to walk you through the process.
Troubleshooting Connection Issues with Samsung TV
If, for some reason, your AirPods do not connect correctly to your Samsung TV, try this:
- First, try to reset the AirPods; put them back in the case, and close the lid. Wait about 30 seconds before trying to connect them again.
- Next, make sure your TV volume is up; this can affect how the sound is transmitted through the earbuds.
- If that does not work, try disconnecting them and then pair them within 2-3 feet of the TV.
A few other steps to try if you still cannot connect your Airpods to your Samsung TV:
- AirPod Pros Only: Change the “Press and Hold AirPods” setting to “Noise Control” for both earbuds, as well as turning off the Bluetooth setting to your iPhone to stop the AirPods from trying to automatically pair.
- Turning off the iPhone completely (if you have one) when trying to pair the AirPods to the TV to keep the AirPods from trying to connect to your phone automatically.
What Other Devices Are Compatible with Apple AirPods?
AirPods are compatible with many different devices as long as they support Bluetooth headphones; for devices that Apple does not manufacture, they work as a normal Bluetooth headset.
With that said, Apple AirPods are also compatible with:
- Android Phones
- Windows Phones
- Mac Devices
- Game consoles (if they support Bluetooth headphones)
- Any other device that supports Bluetooth headphones
Using AirPods with a TV with Soundbar
Many people have soundbars connected to their TV to boost the sound of TV shows. When using AirPods with a TV already connected to a soundbar, it is important to know that only one Bluetooth device can be connected to the TV at the same time.
If you want to use the AirPods, you must disconnect the soundbar. If you want to use the soundbar, you must disconnect the AirPods.
What if My TV doesn’t Have Bluetooth?
Not all TVs, even smart TVs, feature Bluetooth connectivity, but you can still connect your AirPods or other Bluetooth audio devices through the use of a Bluetooth transmitter. This hooks up directly to your TV via cables, then connects wirelessly to your AirPods or other devices. Some models even support multiple connections to let more than one person listen to the TV at once.
Can you Pair AirPods with an Older Samsung TV?
Samsung TVs have been around for a while and are known for how long they last. So what if you have an older model?
You can pair AirPods to an older Samsung TV produced before 2014, as long as it has Bluetooth capabilities. Here’s how:
- Open the TV’s settings
- Go to “Sound”
- Press “Speaker Settings”
- Choose “Soundshare Settings”
- Press “Add New Device”
- Choose “Samsung Audio Device List” – your AirPods should appear here. If not, make sure they’re in pairing mode.
- Select your AirPods when they show up
- Choose “Pair and Connect”
Features Using AirPods on Non-Apple Devices
Although you cannot use Siri with non-Apple devices (because Siri is Apple-specific), AirPods will still allow you to utilize the basic functions like talking on the phone, playing music, listening to TV audio, and controlling music (go back, skip forward).
As with other headphones or Bluetooth headsets, using the Apple AirPods with a Samsung is very similar: you can use them to listen to your program on TV, but you cannot use the go back or skip forward feature for your TV.
Have a different brand of smart TV you want to connect your AirPods to? Check out these guides: