By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
SmartThings is an app that integrates all your smart home devices and allows you to connect them with one system. It has an easy-to-use interface and is very popular with millions of active users. If you have multiple Eufy cameras, you may want to know if it is possible to integrate them with the SmartThings app to keep track from one place.
Unfortunately, Eufy cameras are not compatible with Samsung SmartThings. These devices are only compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant. So if you want to integrate your Eufy camera with SmartThings, you may need to consider getting another smart home solution.
We will explore why Eufy cannot be linked with SmartThings and find out other smart home options you can try and how to connect them to your Eufy cameras below.
What Is SmartThings?
SmartThings is a Samsung subsidiary that allows you control of all your smart devices using the application. This smart home automation system works with vacuums, refrigerators, light bulbs, cameras, and other smart home devices.
With the SmartThings app, you can check who’s on your door and turn off the bulb without moving from where you are. It makes smart home users more comfortable and in control with its easy-to-use interface and saves you the stress of logging into different apps for different devices.
Why Can’t You Connect Eufy to Samsung SmartThings?
Unfortunately, Eufy cannot be connected with the Samsung SmartThings app because the makers have not made any provisions for its integration.
Since smart home systems are not a home-for-all app, each smart product must be programmed by its makers to integrate with any particular intelligent home system. In this case, Eufy and SmartThings will need to formally agree for the integration to be possible before you can connect them.
Home Automation Systems That Can Work With Eufy
If you have Eufy gadgets and devices, you have nothing to worry about because Eufy is compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant.
You can use any of these other smart home integration options and be able to control your devices straight from their respective apps just as you would if you were using SmartThings.
In addition, these apps have voice-command features, and you can control other devices that are not Eufy simultaneously on them so long as they are compatible with such products. So let us find out how these smart home systems can be integrated with Eufy security cameras.
Amazon Alexa is a virtual assistant AI technology. This smart home system is connected to the Alexa app, making it easy for you to manage your smart home devices.
To integrate your Eufy camera, follow these simple steps:
- Firstly, ensure that your Eufy camera is connected to your home WiFi.
- Go to the Amazon Alexa app, go to SETTINGS, connect HOME and add a new device.
- Select Eufy Camera from the list of devices.
- You will receive a six-digit code. Enter the code in your EufyLife app under the ACCOUNT section.
- Once it has successfully connected, you can start trying out voice commands as your Eufy camera has been integrated with Amazon Alexa.
If you would like to learn more about Amazon Alexa, check out this article. Now, let’s move on to the Apple HomeKit.
- Turn on your Eufy HomeBase 2 and ensure it has internet connection.
- Click on Enable HomeKit on HomeBase 2.
- You will see a QR code at the bottom of your HomeBase 2.
- If a house-like logo accompanies the QR code, open the iOS Home app directly and scan the QR code to add an accessory.
- If any logo does not accompany the QR code, open the Eufy security app and add HomeBase 2 and EufyCam 2C/2.
- Go to the HomeBase settings and follow the steps to set up HomeKit.
- Add the EufyCam 2C/2 to HomeBase 2 by placing the camera close to the HomeBase 2 and pressing the SYNC button until you hear a beep.
- There should be a sound wave message from the HomeBase 2 to the EufyCam.
- After 30 seconds, you’ll hear, “Device was Added Successfully.” That means you’ve successfully linked your EufyCam to HomeKit.
Now that you’ve learned about Apple HomeKit, let’s dive deeper into Google Assistant.
You can also integrate your Eufy camera with Google Assistant. You can activate your security cameras and control their activities through voice commands when correctly done.
To integrate it, go through these steps:
- Set up your Eufy camera and ensure that the app is working well.
- Open the Google Assistant app and go to Settings.
- Go to Services.
- Go to Home Control.
- Go to Add your smart home devices.
- You’ll see EUFY SECURITY. Authorize your Eufy Security account using your Google account.
- You’re all set up when this process is done, and you can try some commands.
- When doing this, ensure you use the camera’s name that you created the time you set up the system.
Now you know everything there is to know about Eufy integration with other smart home hubs.
Eufy Cameras do not work with SmartThings, and it is impossible to integrate it with your SmartThings smart home device system. That notwithstanding, you do not entirely miss out on an integrated smart home.
Eufy security cameras are compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, and HomeKit. These options provide all the services available in SmartThings and more. In addition, you can follow the steps above to integrate your Eufy cameras with any of them.