How Do I Connect a Eufy Camera to Alexa?
Eufy cameras are made by an American company that manufactures simple smart home devices and security systems. It is compatible with Amazon’s automation system, and their devices can be controlled using Alexa for maximum innovation. This gives you the ability to control your Eufy camera by giving commands using just your voice.
Your Eufy camera needs to connect to your Amazon’s Alexa which helps you create a vast ecosystem for your home. In this article, we are going to look at how you can successfully set your Eufy camera with your Alexa system (be it Alexa echo, show, or fire tablet), how you can also disconnect it, and the other types of smart home systems your smart home camera is compatible with.
How Do I Connect My Camera To Alexa?
Before connecting your Eufy camera to Alexa, you have to have an Amazon device that is integrated with Alexa. I believe before stumbling upon this page, you may already have had these devices such as the Echo, echo show, or a fire HD device as your smart hub. If you don’t have one, you need to get one to connect your Eufy camera.
To connect your Camera to Alexa, do this:
- Open your Amazon “Alexa” App, and click on the side “menu” to bring out the menu list. Tap on “browse skills”, and select “Skills and games”.
- On the search tab, type “eufySecurity” to bring out the skill. Enable this skill.
- A ‘link account’ page would open for you to log into your Eufy account.
- If you have logged in, a window would open saying “successfully linked”. Close the window to discover your Eufy Camera under devices.
- You will need to discover your camera, hit the discover device button then select any of your Eufy cameras you want to link to Alexa.
- To confirm your camera is being connected to Alexa, click the device button and then the camera.
You can use voice commands to display the live view of your camera by saying simple commands such as “Alexa, show me (The name of the camera)”. Something like “Alexa, show me the living room”.
If you would like to learn more about Eufy, check out this article.
How Do I Disconnect My Eufy Camera From Alexa?
When learning how to connect your Eufy camera to your Alexa hub, you also need to know how to delete the smart device or disconnect it entirely from your Alexa account.
Maybe your camera is misbehaving, it might require a full reset, or you want to switch cameras, getting to know how to disconnect it would even solve the tiniest problems you can encounter on this smart device. We are going to briefly teach you how to do this.
To disconnect your Eufy Camera from Alexa, do this:
- Open your “Alexa” app, and click on “your skills”.
- Tap on “eufySecurity skill”, and enter “Settings”.
- Select “Manage Smart Home Devices”.
- Select the camera device you want to remove.
- Tap the “trash bin” icon to delete the device.
- To re-add the device, follow the steps above.
If by chance the device doesn’t disconnect, you can reset the device, or check if your internet connection is okay. To reset your Eufy camera, click here.
What Is EUFY Compatible With?
Although most smart home systems are not universal with every smart device, each brand has been programmed to be integrated into some form of a home control system. You can integrate most of your Eufy devices into control systems, and smart home hubs such as Amazon Alexa. But what other central control systems are Eufy products and cameras compatible with?
Eufy Smart homes devices and equipment are mostly compatible with Apple HomeKit, WebCore, and Google’s Assistant. If you want to integrate your Eufy camera into an easy to control smart hub, I would advise you to make use of either Amazon’s Alexa, or Google’s assistant.
Control smart hub stations such as Samsung’s SmartThings is very popular, but it surprisingly doesn’t work with Eufy cameras. Maybe in the future, there would be more control hubs that can be integrated into Eufy Cameras.
Connecting your Eufy camera to Amazon’s Alexa is that easy, and requires no special skill. Just follow the instructions, and you will be able to add your Eufy camera to your Alexa ecosystem. If it doesn’t connect on the first try, check if there are any internet connection problems. If not, try rebooting the smart camera, and re-discover it on the Alexa App.
If it’s connected but you can’t use Alexa to control it, make sure you speak using the right commands. You would also need to “wake” Alexa before giving any commands. Also, ensure your Eufy Cam is away from walls and objects to avoid interference.