When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
With over 200 apps available in the Content Store, LG TVs are equipped to satisfy most of your streaming needs. While you can’t download the Spectrum app directly, there are still ways to get it.
How to Get the Spectrum App on an LG Smart TV
If you own any of the following streaming devices, you can use them to access the Spectrum app:
If you have any of these devices, you can connect them to your LG TV and watch content from the Spectrum app.
If not, you can always use the screen mirroring method or download the app files directly.
Download Spectrum on Roku
The Roku Store now offers the Spectrum app. If you own any Roku device, you can connect it to your LG TV and use it to download the Spectrum app.
- Connect your Roku device to your LG TV with an HDMI cable.
- Change your TV’s input to HDMI and wait for the device to boot up.
- Navigate to the search bar from the Roku home screen and type in “Spectrum TV.”
- Select “Spectrum TV” and download the app.
After the download is complete, open the app and sign in or create a new account.
Download Spectrum on Apple TV
Whether you have an Apple TV HD or 4K, the process for getting Spectrum is the same.
Aside from cosmetics and the functions of different operating systems, Apple, Google Chromecast, and FireStick all follow the same general process.
- Open the App Store from the Apple TV home screen.
- Search for “Spectrum TV.”
- Select Spectrum TV when it pops up and press “Get.”
Once it finishes downloading, you can sign in and start watching on your LG smart TV.
Download Spectrum on Xbox One
You can do more on an Xbox than play that new Hogwarts game! The Xbox One has a whole library of streaming apps you can download, including Spectrum TV.
- Open the Xbox Store.
- Search for and select “Spectrum TV.”
- Download and open the app.
Once you’re in, you can login or create an account to stream your favorite Spectrum content.
Does this mean Spectrum is also available on Sony PlayStation? Not exactly.
Sony prefers their own PlayStation Vue streaming service, which no longer exists. But, they prefer that anyway because, apparently, that’s good business.
Watch Spectrum TV via Screen Mirroring
Whether you have an iPhone or Android, it’s easy to mirror Spectrum content from your phone to your LG smart TV screen.
Watch Spectrum TV with AirPlay 2
- Download Spectrum TV from the Apple App Store.
- Open the Spectrum app and log into your account.
- Connect your LG TV and Apple device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Home button on your LG remote.
- Scroll to Home Dashboard and select AirPlay.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone or iPad and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Select your LG TV from the list of available devices.
- You’ll see a screen with your LG smart TV’s identification code. Enter this code on your phone or iPad.
From here on out, everything you do on your iPhone will be reflected on your LG TV. Select the video you want to play on Spectrum TV and watch it on the big screen!
We made a quick video you can watch to help screen mirror an iPhone to your LG TV so you can watch the Spectrum App through there:
Watch Spectrum TV with Google Chromecast
Chromecast works similarly to AirPlay. But unlike AirPlay, LG TVs do not have built-in Chromecast compatibility.
- Plug Chromecast into one of your LG TV’s HDMI ports.
- Follow the steps to pair Chromecast with the Google Home app on your phone.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Select your Chromecast device.
- Press “Cast My Screen” followed by “Start Now.”
Now, you should see your phone screen on your LG TV. Open your Spectrum TV app and enjoy the show!
While this method is best for Android users, you can also use Chromecast on an iPhone.
Download the Spectrum TV APK File
There is one way to get Spectrum TV on an LG TV without the help of other devices — by downloading the Spectrum TV APK file.
- Download the APK file from a trustworthy source using your computer’s web browser.
- Insert a USB drive into your computer and transfer the file to the drive.
- Remove the USB drive from your computer and insert it into your LG TV’s USB port.
- Open the APK file on your TV.
- Select “Install.”
Note that downloading and installing APK files from the internet always comes with some kind of risk. Only download the file from a trustworthy source.
Can I Download Spectrum TV on a FireStick?
The Spectrum TV app is not available in the Amazon Appstore. However, you can manually download the Spectrum TV APK files onto your FireStick or Fire TV Cube using the Downloader app.
- Search for “Downloader” from your Fire TV home screen.
- Select and download the Downloader app. It will have an orange icon.
- Open your Fire TV’s Settings.
- Select “My Fire TV.”
- Press “Developer Options.”
- Toggle “Apps from Unknown Sources” on.
- Launch the Downloader app and type “https://apkmirror.com/apk/spectrum/spectrum-tv/” into the URL box.
- Follow the installation instructions on-screen.