How to Use AirPlay on an LG TV
In today’s modern world, we use many different devices for both professional and personal reasons. If you have a video or photos on your iPhone or iPad that you want to view on a bigger screen, using Apple’s AirPlay feature is a great choice. But, how can you use AirPlay on an LG TV?
- Connect your LG smart TV to your WiFi network
- Press the “Home” button on the remote
- Find the “AirPlay” feature in the menu and turn it on
- Pair your phone or tablet with the TV
Below, we will discuss everything you need to know about using AirPlay on an LG TV. Keep reading to learn more!
How to Use Airplay on an LG TV
Televisions have come a long way since the time when people would watch a black and white screen on a massive box. Today, smart TVs are equipped with a range of mind-blowing features that give you endless possibilities.
One of LG TVs’ most impressive features is their ability to connect to WiFi and mirror your iPhone or iPad’s screen to the TV through Apple AirPlay. AirPlay allows users to share content between different Apple devices.
For example, let’s say you want to show your friends or family members photos from a vacation you recently came back from. Instead of having everyone crowd around a small phone screen, you can mirror the device to your television so everyone can see clearly.
Before you can begin using Apple AirPlay on an LG TV, you need to ensure your television supports AirPlay. As soon as you know for sure that you can AirPlay content to your LG TV, you can connect all your Apple devices to it.
Which LG TVs Are Compatible with Apple AirPlay?
Although many LG TVs are compatible with AirPlay, not all models are. Typically, older versions of LG televisions will not support Apple AirPlay.
If you own an LG TV made from 2018 on, it is likely that it is compatible with Apple AirPlay. To check whether or not your TV is compatible, you will need to verify its WebOS version. Here are the steps you can follow to do so:
- Press the cog icon on your remote. This will open the Settings menu.
- Find “Quick Settings” and press select.
- Choose “General Settings.”
- Find and select the “About This TV” option.
Here, you will find your television’s WebOS version. As long as your TV is running version 4.0 or higher, it is compatible with Apple AirPlay.
How to Activate AirPlay on an LG Television
Once you confirm that your LG TV is compatible with Apple AirPlay, you will need to enable the feature. Until you enable AirPlay on your TV, you will not be able to connect any Apple devices. Follow the steps below to turn AirPlay on:
- Turn on your LG smart TV.
- Connect the TV to your home’s WiFi network.
- Press the Home button on your remote control. This will open the TV menu.
- Find the “AirPlay” feature and select it to open your AirPlay options.
- Activate AirPlay.
- On the next screen, choose whether you want to enter a code for each new device, or just the first time you use AirPlay.
After completing all the steps above, you are ready to start using AirPlay on your LG television.
How to Connect Your Apple Device to Your TV
After enabling AirPlay, you are ready to connect your iPhone, iPad, or Macbook to your LG television. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network as your TV.
- Using your Apple device, open the content you want to share to your LG TV’s screen.
- Swipe up or right, depending on the device, to open the control center.
- Find the AirPlay button in the media tab and press it.
- Your device will then search for other Airplay-enabled devices. Find your TV from the list of available devices and select it.
After completing the above steps, the content should appear on your TV screen. You can also stream audio to your television using a streaming app like Spotify or Apple Music. Open it on your device, and you will see the AirPlay icon next to the music. Pressing this icon will allow the music to begin playing on your TV.
Using AirPlay on an LG Television
Apple AirPlay makes sharing content among devices easy. Smart LG TVs allow you to connect your Apple device through AirPlay, as long as they are running WebOS version 4 or higher.
If you do have a compatible LG TV, all you need to do is enable AirPlay through your TV’s settings menu and find the content you want to view on your TV on your iPhone or iPad. Then, pair the two devices together and you’re ready to go!