How to Get Crunchyroll On LG TV
Those who enjoy watching anime and the like know about the streaming app Crunchyroll. However, unfortunately, you are unable to use Crunchyroll on LG TVs. So, how can one get Crunchyroll to function without the app installed on the TV for these TVs in this category?
For now, streaming using the Crunchyroll software is possible via:
- Screencasting using Apple Airplay or android casting platforms
- Dongle/streaming devices like Google Chromecast
- Ethernet adapters, and so on to stream
- Screen mirroring to your TV via LG TV Plus
For any of these methods to function correctly, you have to make sure that your LG TV is compatible for screencasting or mirroring to be done. Where the TV has not been updated to the most current, it is best to update the TV and then your smartphone if it is not up-to-date. Keep reading to find out more.
Ways to Stream Crunchyroll on Your LG TV
As earlier mentioned, there are two basic ways of streaming Crunchyroll on your LG TV as the app has not been prepped to feature LG TVs yet. That is basically by using the screencasting method or directly mirroring other devices to your screen.
These procedures are further explained below.
Screencasting Using a Smartphone
Streaming via screencasting from a smartphone is the most common, as an icon to cast on a TV screen directly is available on the Crunchyroll app, so it is less stressful to activate. Screencasting can be done using Apple Airplay for IOS devices or other streaming devices for other Android phones.
How to Screencast with Apple Airplay
This is primarily used in IOS devices. For now, streaming Crunchyroll with IOS devices is easier using webOS 4.0 device models and so on.
To use the Apple Airplay:
- Connect your LG TV and your iPhone to the same WI-FI network before proceeding
- Launch the Crunchyroll app on your IOS device if you have never signed up.
- Sign up with the software, or sign in if you have an active account.
- Pick any content of your choice and begin playing on your phone.
- A small icon at the top of the screen, the Airplay feature, casts the content onto another screen. Tap the feature.
- Choose your LG Smart TV to begin casting on the TV.
For other android devices, the same procedures are followed. Very few differences exist, so casting from an Android phone is achieved following this process as well.
Screen Mirroring Using LG Smart TV Plus
This method is somewhat uncommon and is usually used if screencasting to your LG TV is unsupported, which is an unlikely occurrence. To use the Crunchyroll software using this method, you need to download the Crunchyroll app on your phone.
The steps to activating Crunchyroll using the LG TV Plus are:
- Connect your smart LG TV and phone to the same WI-Fi network.
- Manually search for the LG TV Plus app on the Apple Store, Play Store, or its equivalent as seen on your phone.
- Install the app.
- Open the LG TV Plus app and set it up by following the onscreen instructions.
- Enable the screen mirroring feature.
- At this point, your phone’s screen will appear on your LG TV screen.
- Open the Crunchyroll app on your phone and live stream using your phone.
Now, let’s take a look at the next method.
Using Other Streaming/Dongle Devices
Other alternate methods have been recognized using hardware devices, such as safe screencasting and screen mirroring. Using these devices has proven efficient on LG smart TVs, and some may even work on other TVs with a supporting port.
Some methods to try include:
- Purchasing an alternate device to help with streaming. That includes buying a Roku TV, Google Chromecast, or any compatible streaming device supported by the LG TV.
- Ethernet adapters or USB sticks are also great options to try. The USB stick can directly be plugged into the HDMI port available on the TV, and Google Chrome can be directly installed.
Crunchyroll is watched directly from Google Chrome after installing and inputting registered account details.
Crunchyroll is one of the leading software common to those using smart TVs. The software makes available diverse anime in their thousands, attending to your love for anime. It contains various interesting anime stories, including your favorites, which you can watch mainly by live streaming.
Thanks to ever-advancing technology, live streaming is improving using TVs. Though Crunchyroll is not currently supported on LG smart TVs, this is a feat possible to use in the near future, with even more features to enjoy as time changes.