Can You Change the Background on a Samsung Smart TV (Step by Step)
Samsung Smart TVs allow you to stream all your favorite content. You have probably noticed that when your TV goes into sleep mode, it shows a random background or scenic pictures. Many people wonder if they can change the background or if they can customize it to their own photos.
The easiest way to change the background on your Samsung Smart TV is by using the SmartThings app. Tap on the Menu Icon, then Ambient Background, then choose the wallpaper you want from the list.
While this changes the background from a preset list that the TV has, you might be wondering if there are ways to change the background to your own photos or if you can create an art gallery. Don’t worry, we will go over all the background options in this article.
How Can I Change the Background on a Samsung Smart TV?
Grab your smartphone or tablet and download the SmartThings app. Once you have the app open, follow these steps:
- Tap Devices.
- Select the TV you want to change the background of.
- When asked if you want to download a device controller, select Yes.
- Wait a few minutes for it to download.
- When it’s finished, tap Menu.
- Choose Ambient Background.
- Choose the wallpaper you want from the list it shows.
You can also change the brightness and colors of many of the backgrounds.
How to Change the Brightness and Color Schema
Here’s how to change the brightness and colors of your Samsung Smart TV’s background:
- Open Ambient Settings.
- Press the Ambient Button a second time.
- Choose the artwork you want.
- Choose to adjust settings.
- Press the arrow keys to adjust the brightness and color settings.
While this will change the background, you only have a set list of wallpapers to choose from that come preloaded with the TV. If you want to display artwork or family photos, there are other steps you need to take to adjust the settings properly.
How Can I Show Photos as the Background on my Samsung Smart TV?
You cannot display artwork or customized photos within the settings on the TV itself. You will need to download a third-party app or use a streaming device, such as Chromecast, to upload your photos and then set them as the background.
Displaying Images with Chromecast
The Google Chromecast is one of the easiest streaming devices to display images with.
All you need is your smart device and the Google Home App:
- Open your Google Home App.
- Select the Devices.
- Choose the Chromecast device to connect to your TV.
- Tap Ambient Mode.
- Tap Art Gallery.
This will display photos and photos preloaded into Chromecast. If you want to show personal photos, upload them into a gallery on Google Photos in the Google Home app. After uploading them, go into Ambient Mode again and choose the Google Photo album from Ambient Settings.
Displaying Images with Amazon Fire Stick
Unlike Chromecast, The Amazon Fire Stick doesn’t have access to Google Photos. You can still customize your background with photos though by using the Amazon Photos app. It’s available on IOS and Android.
Follow these steps to get your photos onto your TV:
- Download the Amazon Photos app and sign in to your account.
- Upload the photos you want on your TV.
- Create a folder for them and name it something you will remember.
- Turn on your TV and Amazon Fire Stick.
- Choose Settings.
- Select Screen Saver Settings.
- Change the source to a personal album.
- Select the album you created in the app.
You can also customize other settings such as the timing of the slideshow to make things more personalized.
Changing the Background of a Samsung Smart TV Without a Streaming Device
If you don’t have a streaming device, you might be wondering if there’s a way you can also put art or photos as your background. You can either use a USB or an app from the Google Play Store.
Using a USB
You will first need to load the photos onto your USB from your computer. Then follow these steps:
- Put the USB into the TV.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Screensaver or Wallpaper.
- Choose USB.
Your photos should now start a slideshow. If you don’t have a USB, you can use an app.
Using an App
Here’s how to use an app to change the background of your Samsung Smart TV:
- Open the app store on your TV.
- Search for Screensaver.
- Install the one you want.
- After it’s finished, choose the gear icon at the top right of the TV.
- Choose Device Preferences.
- Choose Screensaver.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Choose the screensaver or photos you want.
Now you know about changing your TV’s background.
You can easily change the background of your Samsung TV by changing it in the ambient mode under settings. You can also customize the backgrounds with apps, a streaming device, or a USB. If you’d like to learn more about your Samsung Smart TV, check out this article.