No matter how often you enjoy using your LG smart TV, when the time comes, you probably want it to turn on! Of all the problems a television could experience, this might be the most frustrating, but do not worry! There are a few easy ways to address this issue from the comfort of your home.
Once you have followed these steps, you will have established if it is the TV with the problem or your LG remote. Even if you have successfully turned on the television from the unit, it’s not ideal to get up off the couch every time you want to turn your TV on. If you are having problems with the remote, keep reading. We’re going to find out just how to fix your remote, as well as what to do next if your LG TV will still not turn on.
Is There Anything Else I Can Do to Turn On My LG TV?
Although LG is an exceptionally helpful company when it comes to technological problems, you may not want to wait the time required to call in and wait around for a technician to come to fix your TV. Before you make the call, if these steps did not work for your system, you may want to watch a few how-to videos or read what other users have said worked for them!
If your LG TV will not turn on, try these painless instructions before calling a technician:
- First, you will need to assess if your LG TV unit has a red light flashing.
- If it doesn’t, try unplugging the device from the wall, and plugging it back in.
- It’s important to note that LG recommends you plug your television directly into the wall, so if you have it connected to a power strip, try moving it to an outlet.
- From there, if the red light begins flashing, try turning it on, it just might work!
- If the red light does not go on, make sure the cord is securely tethered to the back of the television.
- Still no light? You probably need to contact your LG support team.
- If the light did turn on, you are in luck! Try turning on the television from the unit itself, rather than the remote. If you are successful, then it is the remote that is struggling, not the TV.
- If the red light is on, but the TV will not turn on when using the device’s power button, once again, you may need external help. LG Help Page
Many other uses have experienced your very same issues, and if these instructions did not solve your problem, it’s very possible that someone, somewhere has had the exact same experience and personal advice to help you through it.
How Do I Get my LG Remote to Work?
If you have followed the step-by-step instructions above and accepted that it is not your LG TV that has the problem but the remote itself, there are a few easy ways to remedy this complication.
- The first step is to ensure that there is nothing interfering with your remote. So check that you have a clear view of the television and attempt to press the POWER button.
- If that does not work, attempt to change the batteries to ensure the remote is working with full power.
- From there, if your remote still does not work, you will want to reboot it.
- Hold the BACK and the HOME buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. Wait for the red light to flash on the remote to confirm it has disconnected.
- Click POWER on the TV unit to turn it on.
- Connect the USB that came with your remote to the port on the back of your television.
- Wait for 20 seconds and then scroll on the provided menu to re-pair the remote with the TV. Restart your LG Remote
That should do it! If your remote still is not working, unfortunately, you will most likely need it to be serviced or replaced.
Before you go ahead and give up and buy a new remote, or worse, a new television if your LG TV won’t turn on, there are several ways to fix the problem before losing your cool and throwing the TV in the trash.
Just follow the steps provided here, and your LG TV should be turning on and off as expected! And now you understand, at least a little bit more, how your television and remote work.