4 Ways To Get Crunchyroll On Roku
Crunchyroll is like the world’s greatest collection of Japanese anime because, in fact, it is. With two tiers to choose from ($9.99/mo. Or $99.99/yr.), You can indulge in all of the thousands of anime shows and movies that you could possibly want, but could you do it on Roku?
There are many ways you can watch Crunchyroll on your Roku device. You can choose to access it through the application, the Roku device, or even your mobile phone. Services are readily available in a variety of ways that you won’t miss out on your favorite anime.
4 Ways to Get Crunchyroll on Roku
You can access Cruncyroll on Roku through so many different ways. With technology making it easy for you to stream your favorite anime shows, here are some ways to view them on Roku:
- Download Crunchyroll on your TV.
- Add the app to your firestick.
- Screen share or mirror.
- Access the app through Roku Remote
Download Crunchyroll On Your TV
You can easily download Crunchyroll on your TV and access the app on the home screen. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the Main Menu on your TV by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote
- In the left column, scroll down until you see Search
- In the Search box, type in Crunchyroll
- Select it when it pops up on the Right Column
- Select Add Channel
- You will see a “loading” circle
- Once it’s done, you will see Channel Added
- Select OK
- Press Home to jump back to the Channels selection menu
If you scroll down on the right side of the Home Menu, where all of the Roku channels are located, you will find Crunchyroll is all the way at the bottom, since the bottom is where Roku’s OS allocates all of the new channels that you add to.
Since you downloaded Crunchyroll, it’s rather inconvenient to have it at the bottom. All you need to do is highlight it in the right column and press the * button on your Roku Remote. Select Move and then use the directional pad on the Roku Remote to move it up towards the top of the selection screen.
Add The App To Your Firestick
You can watch your favorite anime shows and movies on Crunchyroll by adding the app to your Firestick. To do this, you just need to follow the same steps as if you were adding the app on your Roku TV.
Once the Crunchyroll application has been downloaded, it will appear on your channels list and you can watch anime on your Firestick. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
Screen Share Or Mirror
When you have internet access, you can use the screen share or mirror feature between different devices. Whether you have Crunchyroll on your phone or your laptop, you can screen share it onto your Roku TV or other Roku devices.
Screen sharing with your phone is simple, you can click the screen share when watching the anime in the Crunchyroll application and with an iPhone or other iOS device, you can choose to screen mirror with your TV.
If you want to watch on your PC, there are a few more complicated steps than via your phone or iOS device. Here are those steps:
- Ensure the TV or device is connected to the internet.
- Go to your PC and click on the settings app.
- Go to System and then Display.
- Click on Multiple Displays and a drop down menu will appear.
- Click on connect to wireless display.
- Choose the Roku device or TV you want to connect to.
- Now watch anime.
You can display your PC and phone on many different Roku devices using this method without having to download the app or log into Crunchyroll on different devices.
Access The App Through Roku Remote
You’re not technically downloading anything to your mobile device because your device, through the Roku Official remote app (Android and iOS), can both select and add new channels to the TVs that you have Roku on, whether through the stick, box, or built-in OS.
The first thing that you need to do is get your devices in order on the Roku Official Remote app. If your mobile device and Roku device are on the same WiFi network, your Roku app will find the Roku devices throughout your home and put everything together for you.
- Locate and download the Roku Official Remote App
- Ensure that your mobile device and Roku device are connected to the same WiFi
- Open the app
- Select Devices at the bottom, right-hand corner of the Home Screen
- You will see an active, Searching for Devices at the top of the screen
- Your connected Roku devices will start appearing on the screen
- Select the device that you want to download Crunchyroll on
Let’s say that you chose your living room TV because that is the TV that you want to have Crunchyroll on. Once you select your living room TV, your mobile device screen will turn into a virtual Roku remote that completely emulates the physical remote that comes with your Roku device or TV.
So, it’s not too difficult to get Crunchyroll on any Roku device and there is more than one way to do it. There are no limits to how you can watch your favorite shows on Crunchyroll. Just turn on your Roku device and start binging some anime.