Looking to watch your favorite show on a bigger screen than your phone while still being able to keep your privacy by using earphones? Luckily, with Sony Smart TVs, you can connect your Apple AirPods quickly and easily for a massive screen upgrade.
You can connect your Apple AirPods to your Sony TV by opening your Bluetooth settings on the television and pairing the AirPods. The Bluetooth settings on your Sony TV can be located through Settings > Network and Accessories > Bluetooth Settings.
While you may have a good handle on using your electronics separately, getting the hang of making them compatible can be a process for new users. Continue reading for in-depth information on how to connect your devices stress-free.
How to Pair Apple AirPods to Sony TV
While the process to pair your technology via Bluetooth may seem intimidating and confusing, it is actually quite simple. Follow these steps to pair your Apple AirPods to your Sony TV:
- Open the “Settings” menu on your Sony TV.
- Go to the “Network and Accessories” tab in the settings menu.
- Select “Bluetooth Settings.”
- Make sure your Bluetooth toggle is turned on.
- Select “Add Device.”
- Let your Sony TV search for devices.
- Select your device (Apple Air Pods) from the Discovered Devices list.
- Your device should now be connected and ready for use.
Dealing with AirPod/Sony TV Pairing Issues
If you are still experiencing difficulty pairing your AirPods to your Sony TV after following the above steps, there may be some other factors you need to look into. Things you should check before Bluetooth pairing include:
- Make sure apple AirPods are set to pair.
- Make sure your AirPods are charged.
- Make sure other devices are not already paired to TV.
Putting Your AirPods in Pairing Mode
One of the main reasons your AirPods may not show up as a discoverable device on your Sony TV is because they are not in pairing mode. If your AirPods are not set up in pairing mode, they simply will not connect via Bluetooth to any devices.
- Place your AirPods inside their charging case.
- Keep the charging case open.
- Hold down the setup button (the setup button is the small round button located on the back of the charging case).
- Wait for the status light on the charging case to turn white.
- Your AirPods are now in pairing mode.
- Follow the previous steps above for connecting your Sony TV to the AirPods.
Making Sure Your AirPods Are Charged
Another reason your AirPods may not connect to your Sony TV is that they are not charged.
Charging your AirPods is simple: Just place them in their charging case. To guarantee battery life for your AirPods, always place them inside their charging case when you are not using them. According to Apple, your AirPods will last you up to 5 hours after charging them one time.
You may also need to charge the charging case itself if the battery is low on that. This is also very simple: Just plug the charging wire you received with your AirPods into the charging case port.
Make Sure Other Devices Are Not Already Paired to TV
When other devices are already paired to your Sony TV, it may not be able to connect to your AirPods. Before going through the steps to pair your AirPods to your Sony TV, make sure that you don’t have any other previous devices already paired to it.
Also, if you live with other people, make sure they don’t have their AirPods or other devices connected as well.
When going to connect your AirPods, Tom’s Guide says there is even a possibility that other Bluetooth devices in the room that are not yours may pop up as pairable. Be sure to select your own AirPods when connecting.
If you follow all of the steps for pairing the Apple AirPods to your Sony TV and it still does not work, go back, and make sure everything necessary before pairing is in order. Make sure your AirPods are in pairing mode, your AirPods are charged, and that your Sony TV isn’t connected through Bluetooth to any other devices that would prevent connection.
Once all of that is done, you should be all set up to pair your AirPods to your Sony TV and enjoy!