By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
An Amazon Firestick or Fire Cube are fantastic, new devices with features like Alexa, 4K streaming, support for headphones and lots more!
If you have the Apple AirPods and would like to connect it, here is how:
- Step 1: Go to the “Settings” page of the Fire TV stick using a remote.
- Step 2: Scroll, Find and click on the “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices” option on your screen.
- Step 3: Scroll to “Other Devices” and click on that
- Step 4: Put your Airpods in pairing mode by holding down the small button on the back of the AirPods until the light turns white.
- Step 5: After you do this, your AirPods will show on the TV menu, press ok to connect the AirPods.
- Step 6: The AirPods will pair with your TV in a matter of seconds.
These steps can also be used on other Bluetooth headphone devices that you might want to connect to your Firestick if you don’t have AirPods. Keep reading to find out how to toggle the volume of your AirPods when it’s connected to the fire stick.
How To Increase/Reduce AirPods Volume When Connected to Firestick
After connecting your Airpods to your FireStick or Fire TV Cube devices, you can now have a thrilling audio experience. However, it is quite annoying that you cannot toggle the volume. There is a way to do this:
- Download the third party application “Precise Volume”, either by using the Easy Fire Tools or by sharing the APK from another device using Google Drive.
- Before you use easy fire tools, be sure to connect your Firestick and your mobile phone to the same WiFi network. Here, the app will prompt you on how to install it on your Fire device.
- After you’ve successfully installed it, you can now adjust the volume slider according to your preference. The only problem is that the Precise Volume app is not optimized for the Firestick device. This makes it difficult to move the slider. The slider does work with the firestick remote but it is not practical to do this.
You can plug in your mouth to your Firestick with the use of a 2-in-1 Micro USB cable OTG which can be found on Amazon. If you would like to learn more about the Firestick, check out this article.
But this isn’t very easy or practical either. The most practical step is another third party app called Mouse Toggle.
Using the Mouse Toggle
Here’s how to use the mouse toggle:
- Here, you need to install the Mouse Toggle application on your Firestick, by sideloading it.
- After you have successfully installed the mouse toggle application on your Fire TV device, be sure to enable “mouse administration” and “Auto Start on Start-up”.
- It might request that you empower ADB troubleshooting, permit it and your application is good to go. Although currently, one can easily explore any application by simply using the remote.
- Next you have to activate the Mouse Toggle on your screen. This can be done by double tapping the play button on the Firestick remote.
- Immediately, a mouse pointer will show up on the screen. You would then be able to utilize that pointer to change the volume now. This should maximise your usage of your AirPods.
Along this long process, you might run into a few hitches so here is how you go about that.
What Do I Do if My AirPods Won’t Connect to My Fire Stick?
If connection issues arise between your Airpods and your Fire TV device, you can troubleshoot connection issues with the following troubleshooting tips below:
- When searching for your airpods on the list of discovered devices. If you don’t see your airpods on the list, there are a few things you can try. First, you can turn the speaker on and off again.
- You can also continue to scan for available devices in the fire stick TV menu.
- If that doesn’t work, you can power cycle both the airpods and the Fire TV Stick, and start from the beginning.
- Check the volume of your connected airpods (incase you are connected but still can’t hear anything).
- If you’re still not having any luck, try plugging the airpods into its charging ports, to make sure it has power.
Some portable airpods have just enough power to turn on and go into pairing mode, before going off again when the battery is low, although this isn’t automatically clear.
Owning devices that are so distinct like the AirPods and the Firestick can be tasking when you want to sync them. They are not optimized for optimal usage and that can be a problem. In this article, we have shown you how to use the Firestick and your AirPods at the same time and achieve optimal usage and we hope that helps you maximize home tech and pleasure.