Eufy Camera Live View Not Supported On Alexa – Troubleshooting Tips
The live view feature, just as the name implies provides a live video feed, and sound to your Alexa-enabled smart hub. Although Eufy does not provide its users with a professional viewing experience in most of their outdoor smart cameras, smart home integrations like Alexa or Siri can help trigger your camera to view the live feed.
But there comes a time your Alexa may inform you that live view is not supported on one of your devices. When this happens, you don’t need to panic, with simple troubleshooting, you can solve this. In this article, we are going to look at what “live view not supported” means, and different troubleshooting steps you can take when using the live view feature on Eufy Cameras using Amazon’s Alexa.
What Does Live View Not Supported Mean?
Eufy Cameras use your home Wi-Fi to send live views to your Alexa-enabled device, and this is mainly activated using voice commands. Sometimes, when you try to connect your Eufy to Alexa for live view, or you give commands to your Alexa to view the live feed off your Eufy cam, it may result in the device displaying, or telling you that live view is not supported, so what does this mean?
Live view not supported means that Alexa is having trouble connecting to your Eufy Cam. This can be a result of many issues. For starters, it might be as a result of poor internet connection, invalid voice commands, and the need to re-add your Eufy Camera to your Alexa App.
This might also be as a result of using voice commands to show you the live feed on an Alexa device that doesn’t have a screen such as the Echo dot. There may also be a bug that needs you to check if the Amazon account you are using may be linked to the Alexa that you are giving this command to. Either way, we are going to teach you how you can solve this.
Troubleshooting Tips On “Live View Not Supported” For Alexa
In this section, we are going to look at some of the tips you can fall onto if you can’t get your Eufy Cam live feed upon your Alexa, or you are having problems connecting your Alexa to your Eufy Cam.
If you would like to learn more about Eufy, check out this article.
Tips For “Live View Not Supported” When Voice Commands are Given
If your voice commands don’t get you the live feed of your Eufy Cam, do this:
- Ensure that the command you are giving to your Alexa is the proper one.
- Ensure you can see the live feed of your camera first in the EufySecurity web portal if your device is supported.
- Ensure the Alexa-enabled device you are saying your command to has the ability to show videos if not, use your television or an echo show.
- Try deleting the EufySecurity skill, and reinstall it using your Alexa app.
- Make sure the Alexa account you’re using is linked to the same Amazon account.
- Also, make sure your Alexa Account is an admin account on your Eufy Cam.
- Restart your Homebase and device using the app. Also, reboot your home’s Wi-Fi.
Now, let’s look at tips for delay during live feed on Alexa.
Tips For Delay During Live Feed On Alexa
This is a result of poor internet connection. When experiencing this, try doing this:
- Check your internet connection.
- Turn down the video quality. To do this, go to the menu > Devices > Camera settings > Video Quality.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router.
Now, let’s look at tips for no response from Alexa when you press the Eufy cam video doorbell.
Tips For No Response From Alexa When You Press The Eufy Cam Video Doorbell
If a visitor pressed the video doorbell, Alexa would prompt you with a video, and a response saying “someone is ringing the doorbell”. If you don’t get this response, try the following tips:
- Try deleting the Doorbell skill, and reinstalling it using the Alexa App.
- Ensure you toggle on doorbell press, and communication using your Alexa App.
Now, let’s look at tips for when your Eufy camera won’t connect.
Tips For When Your Eufy Cam Cannot Connect
If you find it hard connecting your Eufy Cam to your Alexa enabled device, try any of this:
- Ensure your internet connection is active. Restart your router if the need be.
- Try rebooting/resetting your smart Eufy Cam, and re-discover it using the Alexa app.
Now you know everything about troubleshooting your not working Eufy camera.
Eufy cameras are generally compatible with Alexa, and you shouldn’t encounter any problems when controlling it using this Smart home integration. All you have to do is to give commands to your Alexa-enabled device that can show video, and you will be able to get live feed straight from your smart camera.
However, if you find it almost impossible to use the live view feature due to certain reasons, you can troubleshoot the above problems, and try to apply the solutions accordingly. If this doesn’t work, you can then contact customer care to help you solve the problem.