When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Smart homes need maintenance, attention, surveillance and sometimes, something can come up which might hinder you from offering all these to your smart home. Maybe you’re living for a business trip, vacation, or an assignment, you may need to give someone access to your smart camera security system in case something goes wrong.
Instead of giving someone admin access to your whole smart home security system, you can give guests access to your Eufy smart home camera to a guest. All you have to do is to follow the steps we are going to discuss in the coming paragraphs, and anyone can have access to it.
When doing this, it is important to know that you shouldn’t give access to someone you don’t know, or trust because they can be able to see everything you see through your Eufy Camera. With that said, we are going to talk about how you can share your Eufy Camera with your Family, and if you can use multiple phones to connect to your Eufy Account.
How Do I Share My Eufy Camera With My Family?
Yes, you can share your Eufy camera as well as any smart device made by the company with your family and friends. You might have tried already with no result, but you have to check-list all the things you must do before you give account access.
Before You Get Started
Please confirm if these following steps have been carried out before sharing guest access to your Eufy Cam:
- Ensure that the person you want to share the guest access to has downloaded the EufySecurity app, and has registered a new account using his or her email. If you don’t know how to do this, click here.
- You have to ensure that both you as the sharer and the guest, the sharee is located in the same country. So before you go on a vacation, make sure this process is done before you leave the country unless it won’t work.
If you would like to learn more about Eufy, check this article out.
Sharing Your Eufy Cam With Family & Friends
With that said, you can follow this step to share your Eufy Cam with your family and friends:
- Open your EufySecurity App, and select the camera you want to share guest access to.
- Located on the top right corner, you would see three dots, tap on them, and select “sharing settings”.
- Select “Add Member”, and put the newly created account email of the person to who you want to give guest access, and hit “send an invitation”.
- The person would receive a notification on his/her Eufy Security app. They can simply go to the notification page, and accept the invitation to gain access and view the camera on the homepage.
Avoid giving your Admin access account to a guest. If they have access to your main account, they can be able to change things as well as alter your device settings.
Can Multiple Phones Connect To Eufy?
Now we know that you can give guests access to someone by just adding their email to your account, is it possible to give them access to your admin account in case anything happens? Can your admin account be logged into your phone, and their phones at the same time?
Initially, your Eufy admin account could be logged in only on one iPhone or one Android phone at the same time. This means that logging into one would have logged out the former, but Eufy recently changed this. Now you can log in at most two phones as well as other devices we would list below.
If you want to make use of an admin account on different devices simultaneously, these are the recommended way given by Eufy:
- Using Two phones (Android and iOS, Android and Android, or iOS and iOS).
- A tablet (iOS or Android).
- One Web Portal (Windows)
- A PC (Macbook).
This simply means that you have created a eufySecurity account [email protected], you can log into two different phones either android or iOS, a tablet, one computer, either a Windows computer or a MacBook with the same EufySecurity account ([email protected]) at the same time.
When you are traveling next time, you don’t have to be worried about a family, or friend not having access to your Eufy Security camera for emergencies. You can give a guest access to your spouse, trusted family member, children, or distant family members so that emergencies can be managed by someone closer.
You can also give access to a friend to show them something around your home. Sharing Eufy cam video access has never been easier.