Is Echo Show 15 Compatible With Ring Doorbell?
The Echo Show 15 is a product by Amazon designed to make your life easier in various ways. This smart device can help you organize your family, keep track of lists, and even play music and books for entertainment. Since it is designed for central locations, is the Echo Show 15 compatible with the Ring Doorbell?
The Echo Show and Ring Doorbell are compatible systems made by Amazon and can be used together to enhance the security presence at your home. You can currently purchase the two as a bundle on Amazon as well.
Being compatible with the Ring Doorbell is just one of the many cool things the Echo Show 15 can do. Since you can buy them together, setting them up should be simple. Keep reading to learn how!
Getting Started with Echo Show 15 and the Ring Doorbell
By using the Echo Show 15 with the Ring Doorbell, you are using a system that seamlessly integrates quickly and easily to provide you with reliable home monitoring. Because the Echo Show 15 and Ring Doorbell are Amazon products, you can quickly set them up to work seamlessly together.
To quickly and easily integrate the Echo Show 15 and Ring Doorbell, ensure that both devices are fully plugged into a power source or charged. From there, you can connect each to your home Wi-Fi and then easily connect the two systems to make one effective and integrated home monitoring system.
Continue reading for more detailed instructions on how to do this.
Preparing your Echo Show 15
Follow these steps to ensure your Echo Show 15 is ready to connect to a Ring Doorbell. You may find it easier to complete setup if your device is attached to a wall or secured in a device stand.
- Create an Amazon Account if you don’t already have one. This is required for you to access all of the system’s features.
- Power up your device using the charger cord provided.
- Set your language preference. You can choose from one of eight options!
- Connect to your Wi-Fi. This is critical in integrating your Echo Show 15 and your Ring Doorbell, as the systems will use Wi-Fi to communicate.
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Confirm the required settings, including date, time, and address.
- Choose a name for your device. You can get creative with this step, but know that you will still call the device “Alexa” to wake it up and access its functions.
- Choose a photo for the device display.
- Set up user profiles and inform the system of your name of preference. This step is optional, as is the next step of setting up your device to recognize your voice and face. This can be completed at any time.
- Observe the display. If you see the home screen on the device, you will know that setup has been successful!
- Download the Alexa app to your phone or tablet. The app is available for both apple or Android devices. If you have trouble with this step, you may need to check your device for an operating system update.
Preparing your Ring Doorbell
There are many versions of the Ring Doorbell, and the installation instructions will vary based on the model you own. However, every version of Ring Doorbells are compatible with Echo devices. Follow the instillation instructions provided with your device, and make sure you complete these important steps to prepare to integrate the Ring with your Echo Show 15:
- Check your device’s power supply. Power is essential to the function of the ring doorbell.
- Make sure your Ring Doorbell is connected to your home internet.
- Set up Ring log-in credentials. You will need to use these when setting up your Echo access.
- Name your Ring Doorbell. This will be especially important if you have more than one Ring Doorbell in your home!
Integrating your Ring Doorbell and Echo Show 15
- Confirm that your devices are connected to the internet.
- Open your Alexa app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the “more” icon in the bottom right corner. Once this is open, select the Skills and Games and search for “Ring.”
- Select “Ring” and enable it for use.
- Sign in with your Ring information. This will link your doorbell with your existing Amazon account.
- Select “Enable Skill and Link Accounts” or Enable Skill. This option will vary depending if your Ring Doorbell and Amazon accounts have been previously linked.
- Select “Discover Devices.” This will populate a list of all Ring devices, and you can select the one you would like to connect to.
Using Echo Show 15 to Access Ring Doorbell
Your Echo Show 15 will allow you to live stream the view from your Ring Doorbell. To manage your Ring Doorbell from your Echo Show, use these commands:
- “Alexa, show [Ring Device Name] or [device location] (if specified in the Ring Doorbell).”
- “Alexa, hide [Ring Device Name] or [device location] (if specified in the Ring Doorbell).”
Integrating your Ring Doorbell with your Echo Show 15 allows you to access many other features, including answering the door, activating notifications, and playing motion clips. Many of these features can also be accessed from other household Echo devices that don’t have a screen!