When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One of the biggest advantages of owning a Samsung smart TV is using it to watch all your favorite Netflix series.
Here’s how you can easily watch Netflix on a Samsung smart TV.
Download the Netflix App On Your Samsung Smart TV
The most convenient way to watch Netflix on your Samsung Smart TV is to download the app directly. All you need is an internet connection and your Samsung TV’s remote!
Netflix comes pre-installed on most Samsung smart TVs. But if you don’t see it on your home screen, you’ll need to download it from the App Store.
Connect your Samsung smart TV to your home Wi-Fi network, then follow the steps below:
- Press the Smart Hub button on your Samsung TV remote. This is located between the Menu and Guide buttons. If you have the apps icon on your screen (below), select that.
- Select the Apps icon.
- Search for “Netflix.”
- Select and download the Netflix app.
If you already have a Netflix subscription, all you need to do is select “Sign in.” If you don’t, sign up for your preferred subscription level with your credit card details.
The whole process is fast and painless. But, there are other ways to watch Netflix on a Samsung smart TV.
Other Ways to Watch Netflix Content on a Samsung Smart TV
The next easiest way to watch Netflix is to cast it directly to your screen from your phone or computer.
- Open up the Netflix app.
- Open up the show or movie you want to watch.
- Find the “cast Icon” and select it.
- You should see a list of devices show up. Select the TV.
- Once connected, you movie or show should start playing on the TV. If on phone, you can use it as a remote.
Apart from downloading the Netflix app, the ways to watch Netflix on a Samsung smart TV include:
- Connecting your laptop through HDMI
- Using an external streaming device
Connect Your Laptop Through HDMI
One way to watch Netflix on your Samsung smart TV is by opening Netflix on your laptop, then connecting it to your TV with an HDMI cable.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Plug one end of an HDMI cable into your laptop’s HDMI port.
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into an available HDMI port on your Samsung TV.
- Switch your TV’s input to HDMI.
- You should see your laptop screen appear on your TV. Open Netflix on your web browser and choose the TV show or movie you want to watch.
Now, just sit back and watch as Netflix appears on your TV screen!
Use an External Streaming Device
Most external streaming devices offer a Netflix app. You can plug any of the following into your Samsung Smart TV and watch Netflix using the device as an intermediary:
Once the device is plugged into your TV, open or download the Netflix app and log into your account to start streaming.
Some people prefer the Netflix interface on these devices over the Samsung TV interface. Personally, I like Apple TV’s the best.
FAQ: Netflix on Samsung TVs
Why Can’t I Find the Netflix App on My Samsung TV?
Almost every Samsung Smart TV has Netflix available. If you can’t find it on your home screen or in the app store, you may need to update your TV’s firmware.
If you’re running the latest firmware version and still can’t find Netflix, consider connecting an external streaming device, like a FireStick.
Why is Netflix Not Loading or Crashing on My Samsung TV?
Whether Netflix doesn’t open when you press the app icon or crashes while you’re watching movies and TV shows, you may need to:
What Samsung TVs Don’t Support Netflix?
If your Samsung TV was made between 2010-2011 and has a “C” or “D” in the model number, it doesn’t support Netflix.