Smart home devices and apps make everyday tasks easier. Nest cams help us remotely keep an eye on what matters to us, and linking them to the Google home hub makes it easier to stream video and keep up with events in our home. In addition, you can automate and schedule events customized to your needs.
You can easily view your Nest cam on the Google hub home page. If you use your Google account to sign in to your nest account, the device automatically syncs to the Google home hub. However, if you cannot find your device, you can add it by clicking the plus sign on the left corner of your screen.
Read on to find out how you can view your nest cam on Google home hub.
How Do I Find the Nest Cam on Google Hub?
Smart home setups make our lives easier, and nest cams are a great way to keep an eye on your home remotely. You can add functionality by linking them to your Google hub, allowing you to stream live video feeds using Google voice commands quickly.
However, before you can pair your nest cam with the Google hub, you should first install and set up your camera.
Set up Your Google Nest Camera
If you have a new Nest camera or have removed it from the app and want to add it back, you can easily set it up:
- Download the Nest app or Google Home app from your Google play store or Apple app store.
- Open the app and create an account. If you are using the Google Home app, sign in with your Google account.
- Next, follow the instructions on the app to add the camera by scanning the QR code or entering the setup code.
- The app will walk you through the steps to finish setting up and installing the camera.
Ensure that your nest device is working and connected to the same wi-fi network before linking it to your Google home hub. If you would like to learn more about Nest Cam, take a look at this article.
Link your Nest Camera to the Google Home Hub
Your Nest camera is able to connect to Google home hub and should be automatically added to the Google Home app if you sign in using your Google account. However, if you open the app and still can’t find it, force close the app then open it again.
If the camera is still not added, follow the following steps:
- Open the Google Home app
- Confirm that it is your home listed and your Google account details, and verify that it is the one paired to your speaker and display. You can switch or add another account by clicking on another account.
- On the top left corner, click on +
- On the next menu, click set up a device
- Select works with Google
- Scroll through the apps available or search for your nest camera on the search bar
- Click on the nest logo and log into your account. Enter the verification code to confirm the setup.
- Click allow to finish connecting your device to Google home hub.
To verify that you have successfully linked your device to the Google home hub, you should see it on the main screen of the Google home hub. Additionally, you can use voice commands to test the connection. For example, say, “OK, Google show [nest camera name].” To stop streaming, say, “OK, Google stop.”
You can add more cameras and devices to your Google home hub using Google voice commands. To sync all your devices, say “OK Google, sync my devices,” and to sync all your cameras, say “OK Google, sync my cameras.”
How Do I Access My Camera on Google Home Hub?
If you have installed and linked your nest camera to the Google home hub, you can easily access it through the Google Home app.
You can view your camera by following these steps:
- Open your Google Home app
- Swipe downwards on the home screen to access the home control panel
- Tap the camera button on the shortcuts row.
- The camera screen page shows all the available nest cameras feed linked to Google home. If there is only one camera, it opens directly to that feed.
You can also access and stream your nest camera video using Google voice commands by saying “OK Google, show me [nest camera name]” and saying “OK Google, stop” to stop streaming.
In conclusion, all Nest cameras are compatible with Google home hub, and you can easily access them on the home screen of your Google hub. In addition, easy-to-use Google commands help you stream live video from your Nest camera.