Understanding the ins and outs of the many technological devices we own comes easily to some, but for others, it can be extremely confusing. All the different connections, instructions, and troubleshooting options can lead to a lot of frustration. However, if you see a “No Signal” message on your television, don’t let it ruin your entertainment, you can most likely fix it yourself with a few easy directions.
If your TV is displaying a “No Signal” message, it is simply not inputting the signal properly from the external device or cable box you are trying to connect. LG TV No Signal
That might be a helpful answer to understand what is going on, but you are probably asking yourself a much more important question: just how can you fix it? Don’t worry because you have found just the article you were looking for because we are doing to dissect this problem and fix it with a few effortless tricks.
How Do I Get My LG TV to Stop Saying No Signal?
The LG Help Library makes it incredibly easy for anyone to troubleshoot their television if it is shwing a “No Signal” message. Here’s what they recommend:
- You could be on the wrong input channel, ensure whatever number HDMI your external device is connected to matches the selection you’ve made on the television.
- Switch input ports if it’s still not working, the one you tried could be malfunctioning.
- To see if its a problem with the external device, try attaching another one. Then you will know it is not a problem with the TV.
- Your HDMI cable could need replacing.
- Notice the IN and OUT labels on your cable and make sure they are plugged in accordingly.
If none of these simple tips do the trick, there is a chance ythe external device you are trying to connect is not compatible with your television. LG TV No Signal Message
Why Does my LG TV Say No Signal When I Turn it On?
If your television is saying “No Signal” right away, not because of a miscommunication after hooking up an external device, there is most likely a bigger problem.
This could be due to bad weather, issues with the motherboard, cable box, or even problems with the picture quality, most of which are a little difficult to deal with, but ultimately can usually be fixed.
- Weather. Unfortunately, this is a fairly uncontrolable problem. However, the best response is to turn off your television and cable box for a while and wait until the signal returns.
- Broken Motherboard. If you have followed all the steps above and are sure it is not the HDMI port, cable, or external device that is not functioning, your hardware may have shorted. In this case, you will need to purchase new parts for your television to continue working properly.
- Cable Box. It always the simplest solutions that slip your mind. Your cable box could by the input problem you are experiencing, try to unplug it from the cord attached to the back of the box, wait for a minute, and then plug it back in. Troubleshooting No Signal on LG TV
- Picture Quality. Your television may be encountering weak broadcasting signals, luckily there is an easy step-by-step guide to fix this problem.
- Press the HOME button on your remote.
- Click SETTINGS and then QUICK SETTINGS.
- Select OPEN CHANNELS, followed by CHANNEL TUNING, and then MANUAL TUNING.
- Click CHANNEL WATCHING and check the channel’s signal strength
- If it is below 50%, this may be your problem. Ensure that all cords from the cable box to your television are connected securely. LG TV Help Page
While some of these issues are out of your control, they are your last chances to figure it out at home before you cave and contact LG support. That means waiting on the phone, for the repair person to come, and then usually spending at least a bit of money.
So give them a try, you are probably more capable than you think you are!
If your LG TV is showing that big, annoying “No Signal” box across your screen, it just means the TV is not receiving the proper input information.
As we have learned, this could be because of a problem with your HDMI input, your cable box input, your satellite input, the picture quality, or your television could have a problem with its hardware.
Some of these solutions are simple, and some are a little more complicated. Hopefully, after following these instructions, you have fixed your TV on your own and can continue enjoy your entretainment center. If not, you will need to contact your LG support team as soon as possible to get your device up and running.