How to Find the LG TV IP Address
Knowing the IP address of your internet-enabled devices is important, especially when doing network configurations. All LG smart TVs have their own IP address. The only question is, how can you find it?
You can find the IP address of your LG smart TV through the TV’s Network Settings. To navigate to this screen, use the Menu button on your remote control.
Finding the IP address of your LG TV is not a difficult process. Keep reading to learn how to navigate your TV and find its IP address.
You can find the IP address of your LG TV in the Network section of the on-screen settings, which you can navigate to with your remote. But, before doing that, you will have to connect your TV to your home’s WiFi network.
Before you can find your LG TV’s IP address, you need to connect it to your WiFi network. Just follow these quick steps to do so:
- Press the gear button on the remote to open the settings screen.
- Scroll down and click the purple icon on the left screen. This will lead you to “Network Settings.”
- Press the right arrow button on the remote to enter the pop-up window.
- Scroll down to “WiFi Connection” and click “OK.”
- Select your WiFi network.
- Enter your password and click “Connect.”
Once you’ve connected your TV to WiFi, you can check the IP address.
Now that your TV is connected to your home’s WiFi network, you should have no problem finding the IP address. Follow these steps to do so:
- Press the “Menu” button on your remote control.
- Click “Network.”
- Select “System Information.”
- Click on “Ethernet/WiFi Connection.”
- Select “Advanced.”
Here, you will find the IP address.
Alternative Method for Finding Your LG TV’s IP Address
The steps you need to follow to find your IP address differ slightly depending on the model you own. If the above method does not work for you, try this alternative:
- Go to “Settings” by clicking the gear icon on the remote.
- Scroll down to “Network.”
- Press the right arrow button on the remote to enter the panel.
- Scroll down to “WiFi Connection,” then press “OK.”
- Scroll down to “Advanced WiFi Settings.” Here, you will see your IP address.
Your MAC address, DNS server, and other addresses will also be displayed here. You can view and edit these whenever you like, as long as your TV is connected to the internet.
There are a variety of ways to find your LG TV’s IP address, and not all of them require you to use the remote. If you lose your remote, you can check your IP address with:
- A wireless mouse
- Your router
- The LG TV Plus app
Below, we will discuss how to find your IP address using the three above methods.
You can navigate your TV screen with a wireless keyboard and mouse the same way you would with the remote. All you need to do is plug in the USB key of both devices to the USB port at the back of your LG smart TV. It will connect automatically, and then you can proceed with the steps above to find the IP address.
You can inspect all the devices connected to your home WiFi network through the router’s settings. That means you can check the IP address of your TV through the router settings. Here’s how to do that:
- Log in to your router with your phone or laptop browser. Enter your ID and password.
- Go to your settings and look for a list of connected devices.
- Look for your LG TV and note the IP address.
This process may vary depending on the router you use. If the method above does not work, refer to your router’s user manual for the exact steps.
You can also check your LG TV’s IP address through the LG TV Plus app, which serves as an alternative to the remote. After installing it from Google’s Play Store or Apple’s App Store, proceed with the following steps:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the app to the same WiFi network as your LG TV.
- Go to Device Connector and set it up to TV Control.
- Enter the PIN code displayed on the TV screen into the app.
After completing the above steps, you will have a digital remote.
You can find your LG TV’s IP address in the TV’s network settings. All you have to do is connect your TV to your home WiFi network and navigate through the settings with your remote.
If you lose your remote control, you can try other methods. In a pinch, you can use the LG TV Plus app, a wireless mouse, or your router to check your IP address.