Can You Get Samsung TV Plus on Firestick?
If you have a Samsung TV, you probably love taking advantage of the Samsung TV Plus streaming services. You can get over 100 channels of content if you are a viewer in the United States. If you don’t have a Samsung TV, you’re probably wondering if you can get Samsung TV Plus on another streaming device, such as the Firestick.
Currently, the Samsung TV Plus app is only available on Samsung devices. This means you cannot download the app on any other service, including Amazon Firestick. There are some ways you can work around this though, including the Kodi Addon.
You might be wondering exactly what the Kodi Addon is and how to use it to get Samsung TV Plus. Don’t worry, we will go over all the steps in this article. We will also discuss Amazon’s content streaming that compares to the Samsung TV Plus app.
How to Get Samsung TV Plus on Firestick
Since there is no way to get Samsung TV Plus on the Amazon Firestick, you might be wondering if there are some ways you can work around this. Using Kodi Addon is one simple way. Kodi is free open-source software that was designed to help people code and develop software to better create their ideal home entertainment system.
Here are the steps to install Samsung TV plus on your Firestick using the Kodi Addon:
- If you don’t already have the Kodi app on your TV, download it and create an account.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click System.
- Choose Add-On at the bottom left.
- Turn on Unknown Sources if it’s off.
- Choose Yes.
- Click the back button on your remote to go back to the System page.
- Select File Manager.
- Click Add Source.
- Click None.
- Type the following URL exactly as it appears: http://k.slyguy.xyz.
- Highlight the box under the source that you just type and enter in a name for the media source.
- Type the name of the source. Make sure it’s easy to remember and identify.
- Click Ok.
- Click the back button on the remote until you are back on the System screen.
- Click Add-ons.
- Click Install from the zip file.
- Choose the name you entered in for the media in step 13.
- Wait until you get a message saying the SlyGuy Repo Add-on Installed Successfully.
- Click Install from Repository.
- Choose SlyGuy Repo.
- Scroll down and select Video add-ons.
- Select Samsung TV Plus.
- Choose Install.
- You will be prompted with a message, click Yes.
- Wait until you get a message that says Samsung TV Plus Add-on Installed.
How Does the Kodi Add-On Work?
Now that you have the Kodi Add-On on your Firestick, you will be able to access all the features of the Samsung TV Plus app. This means you can use all the channels for live streaming including:
- CBS News
- Outdoor America
- Court TV
- Weather Nation
- Yahoo Finance
- Cheddar News
- ABC News Live
Using the Kodi Add-On basically tricks your device into thinking you have a Samsung TV or a Samsung device that allows you to use the Samsung TV Plus. Using the Kodi Add-on is completely legal and safe for your devices.
Some people choose to use a VPN when installing the Kodi Add-on to ensure privacy when streaming. However, it’s not necessary and you can use the services without a VPN.
What If I Don’t Want to Use the Kodi Add-On?
Unfortunately, using the Kodi Add-On is the only way to get the Samsung TV Plus on your Firestick. If you don’t want to use it, you will have to get a Samsung TV or a Samsung device so you can stream with the app.
If you are committed to using your Firestick though, you can always use the content streaming on the Firestick itself.
The Amazon Firestick has its own channels including sports and news that you can stream. Some of the options are free, while others you need to pay extra for or make an account. The most popular streaming services and channels on the Firestick are:
- Hallmark Movies Now
- Pluto TV
- Fox Now
- Comedy Central
- Tubi TV
- CBS All Access
- HBO Now
- HBO Go
These services rival those on the Samsung TV Plus, so you might find you don’t get the Samsung app at all unless there is a specific channel or show you want to watch.
Getting the Samsung TV Plus app is possible with the Kodi Add-On. You can also use Firestick to get free and paid channels if that option suits you better.