Can You Use A Firestick On A Hisense TV?
By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When it comes to streaming media players, the Amazon FireStick is one of the best and most versatile. However, some may be wondering if the FireStick can be used with a Hisense Smart TV. After all, it’s also an Android TV, which means that you could use the device, right? But is FireStick compatible with all the Hisense TV models?
You can use FireStick for all models of Hisense TV since it is a pluggable device that can be used either by plugging into the HDMI port or by using an HDMI extender for the older models. However, if you want to use a 4K FireStick, your Hisense TV must support the 4K resolution at a 60Hz refresh rate.
If you’ve just bought a new Amazon Fire Stick and have tried to hook it up to your television, you might be wondering what you’re doing wrong. Keep reading to learn how to connect FireStick with Hisense TV the right way.
How Do I Connect My Firestick To My Hisense TV?
As you may know, FireStick is a popular streaming device, but not all televisions are ready to accept it. To make this work, you need to connect your FireStick to your Hisense TV the right way. You must follow the 4 important steps below to connect the device properly.
Connect The Firestick To The HDMI
Follow these steps to connect your firestick to HDMI:
- First, locate a free HDMI port on the back of your Hisense TV.
- Plugin the provided HDMI extender cable from the Firestick’s package to the TV’s HDMI port.
- Grab your Amazon Firestick and plug it into the other end of the HDMI extender cable
If you’d like to learn more about the Amazon Firestick, take a look at this article. Now, let’s see the next step.
Powering Up The Device
Follow these steps to power your device:
- Grab the provided USB cable and the power adopter from the FireStick’s package.
- Plugin one end of the USB cable to the FireStick and another end of the USB cable to the power adopter.
- Plugin the power adopter to an outlet and turn on your TV.
Now, let’s take a look at setting up your Firestick.
Setting Up The Firestick
To set up your Firestick, follow these steps:
- It takes approximately ten minutes for the TV to complete the booting process. It is crucial to ensure that you’ve selected the right HDMI input for your TV. So note the HDMI port’s number once again and select the right one on the TV screen.
- You’ll notice the FireStick’s logo on the screen in a few moments. Once the booting ends, your TV will start searching for a remote to pair it with the FireStick. Press the TV remote’s home button to pair it with the FireStick.
- Once the remote is paired with the FireStick, you should press the play button. Doing so will prompt you to choose the language.
Now, let’s look at the next step.
Connecting To The Internet
Here’s how you can connect your Firestick to the internet:
- After choosing your preferred language, the device will automatically scan for WiFi networks and list them. Connect to your preferred WiFi by putting in the password with the remote. Once the WiFi connection is established, it’ll check for updates for the FireStick.
- Once the update is complete, you’ll come across a screen asking you to log in to your Amazon account or to register.
- After signing in to your Amazon account, you’ll be given the option to save your WiFi password and set parental control.
- After the parental control option, you’ll be given the option to select the brand of your TV and sync the FireStick remote’s volume button settings.
- Next, you get to choose your preferred streaming services, and this is when your FireStick set-up is complete.
That said, if you bought a new 4K TV recently, you might be wondering if it’s compatible with Amazon’s FireStick. Keep reading to learn how to identify which TV will work with a FireStick.
How Do I Know If My TV Will Work With A Firestick?
Whether it’s a smart or non-smart TV, the basic FireStick models (Fire TV Stick Lite and Fire TV Stick) will work with any HD television with at least 1 HDMI port connection.
However, the TV’s HDMI version must be at least 1.4 or higher and support 4K Ultra HD resolution to work with the FireStick 4K series (Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV Stick 4K Max). If you don’t know the HDMI version and the resolution of your TV, check the manual or search it online with the model’s name.
You must still be wondering whether you can use the Amazon FireStick on just about any TV or, perhaps, on a non-HD LCD. Here’s the answer to your question.
Can A Firestick Be Used On Any TV?
As it turns out, FireStick works almost universally with any TV brand. The only requirement for FireStick is that your TV has an HDMI port and a USB port.
Now you might think this is a fairly straightforward question to answer, but the relationship between a FireStick and a TV is actually much more complex than you realize. This is because FireSticks is designed for TVs with specific screen sizes and resolutions.
But, what about a TV that’s not smart? Can you use Amazon FireStick without the internet? Keep reading to learn how to enjoy HD movies and stream FireStick on a TV that’s not smart.
Can You Use A Firestick With A TV That’s Not A Smart TV?
If you don’t own a smart TV, you can still connect the FireStick to the TV’s HDMI port and watch downloaded content. So, in order to use a FireStick, you don’t need a smart TV because there are various ways to access the live channels and apps.
For example, you can screencast from your phone to any TV with just the FireStick plugged in and by holding the remote’s home button. This allows you to use FireStick with a TV with no internet connection, although you require internet for the initial set-up.
Now you know if you can use a FireStick on your Hisense TV and the ways you can stream it on just about any TV, including non-smart and even without WiFi.