How To View Nest Cam On TV
Nest Cams are Google’s smart security cameras that can turn your home into a fortress! Nothing will happen in or around your home without you knowing about it as you can use the Google Home app to get immediate updates to your smartphone whenever a person, animal, or car enters the view of the camera. So now you want to know, how can I view the Nest Cam on my TV?
In order to view the Nest Cam on a TV, you will need a Google Home or Home speaker device, as well as Chromecast. From there, simply pair the two devices on both your Google Home app and the Chromecast.
If you need a little more specific instruction, don’t worry! We are going to go through each and every step to help you view your Nest Cam on your TV, and specifically on a Samsung TV, as well as how you can connect to Google Nest and everything else you need to know!
How Do I View Nest Cam on my TV?
The first few essential steps in setting up your TV to display your Nest Cam are to ensure both the camera itself and the Chromecast system is set up on your television. If you are not quite sure how to do so, you can find Google’s easy-to-follow instructions through the links above.
Once those steps are completed, it is time to pair the Nest Cam with your television through Chromecast, and the good news is, we have the step-by-step directions for you right here.
Add the Nest Cam to the Google Home App
This step may be already done for you! When you installed the Nest Cam, it most likely already added itself to the Google Home app, but if you can’t find it, here’s how to add it yourself.
- Ensure that your smart device, the Nest Cam, and your television are all connected to the same WiFi network.
- Open the Google Home app on your smart device.
- Make sure that your Google account is the same on the app as it is on the television.
- Select Chromecast or the TV if it has Chromecast built in from the list of appliances.
- Select Enable Voice Control and More.
- Follow the prompts to link your TV. (If your TV does not appear but your email does, it is already linked!)
From here, you will be able to use the voice control option on your television to continue the set up.
Steam your Nest Cam with your TV
Once your Nest Cam and TV are both linked to your Google Home app, and the voice control capabilities are enabled, you simply need to alert your Google Home or speaker system that you would like to stream by saying “ Hey Google” or “Ok Google” and using one of the following commands.
- “Show [camera name]”
- “What’s on [camera name]?”
- “[Camera name] on [Chromecast device name]”
- “Play [camera name] on [Chromecast device name]”
- “Show [camera name] on [Chromecast device name]”
You should now see your Nest Cam video displayed on your television!
How Do I Watch Nest Cam on my Samsung TV?
With most smart TVs, including Samsungs, you need to make sure the TV is connected to your Google Home.
To do so, you will need to access your Google Home app, then follow the instructions below.
- Click the “+” icon.
- Select Add Device.
- Select Set Up Device.
- Tap the text Works With Google.
- Scroll until you see SmartThings (if you have not enabled the SmartThings option first on your Samsung TV, you might not see it listed. Go ahead and sign into your TV and then open the SmartThings app on your phone to enable it.)
- Select Sign In With Samsung Account and sign in with the same account as on your Smart Things app.
While this is the Samsung recommended way to pair your television so that you can easily view the Nest Cam on the screen, you can also follow the initial directions and simply connect to your Chromecast, both options will work!
Can I Connect my TV to Google Nest?
Now that you know how to connect your Nest Cam with your television in order to view the camera on the big screen, you may be wondering if you can do the same thing with the Google Nest system itself.
If you have a Google Nest, you know that it makes your life a whole lot easier by ensuring that you can control every smart device in your home through one system, and it doesn’t stop there! You certainly can connect your TV to your Google Nest and it’s really a simple process.
Google has laid out step-by-step instructions on their website for you to easily follow and link the two for even more convenient home control.
So now you know that you can easily view your Nest Cam on your television with only a few extra steps. Realistically, your Nest Cam should already be connected to your Google Home, and your television may be as well!
If you have already connected each of your devices to the app, all you need to do is enable voice control and let your Google Home know that you want to view the Nest Cam on the TV.