Smartphones have always been where you watch video streams from your Nest Cam. It is easier to watch on the phone than TV, and because you get notifications on your smartphone about happenings in your home, it becomes logical. But what happens when you have a long stream to watch? Wouldn’t it be fun and more relaxing watching on your TV? So, how do you get Nest Cam on TV?
Getting Nest Cam on TV requires some settings, which will depend on the device you have. The Nest app for smart TV allows you to watch videos from your Nest Cam. However, on some other devices, it might take a more complicated process.
Getting your Nest Cam on TV allows you to watch camera video history for as long as you want. Detailed in this article are steps on how you can get your Nest Cam on TV.
Can I Watch My Nest Camera on My Tv?
You can watch your Nest Camera on your TV depending on the type of device you have. If you have an Android TV or Apple TV, below are guides on how you can watch your Nest Cam on TV.
Nest Cam on Android TV
Different from the Nest app on android smartphones, there is a Nest app for Android TV. This is installed on the Android TV box. NVIDIA Shield Streaming Media Player is one of the best Android TV boxes in the market and it does the work for you.
A detailed guide on how to install the Nest app for Android TV and watch your Nest Cam on your TV can be found here.
Nest Cam on Apple TV
If your Apple TV is 4th Gen and above, the Nest app has a live video feature that won’t work on lower models. Similar to Android TV, download the Nest app on your TV.
Aside from the video viewing functionality on Apple TV Nest app, which isn’t available on Android TV, you can also turn on and off cameras and the microphone. Details on installation can be found here.
Can I Get Nest on Smart TV?
You can get Nest Cam on your smart TV using Google Chromecast. Sadly, this is only available on Android tablets and phones. Although you can download the app on iPhones or iPads, the casting function which enables you to watch your Nest Cam on your smart TV isn’t available on the iOS operating system.
Chromecast will display your phone or tablet’s content on any device the Chromecast dongle is connected to.
Below are steps on how to get Nest app on your smart TV:
- Open the Chromecast app now Google Home
- Select settings, then select cast screen or audio
You receive a notification that confirms the steps, and once this is done, what is displayed on your phone is also displayed on your TV. To get full screen on your smart TV, turn your device into landscape.
To continue watching your Nest Cam on your TV, then you have to keep the Nest app active on your phone because whatever is shown on your phone is what is displayed on the TV.
If you’d like to learn more about Nest, look at this article.
How Do I Play Nest Video on My TV?
To play the Nest video on your TV,
- Open the Nest app on your TV.
- Select a home. You do this if you have more than one home.
When this is done, the home screen shows your cameras. Cameras are arranged in alphabetical order if you have more than one camera.
On the remote, press left or right to cycle through all your cameras. Also, use the remote to select a camera and view the video on full screen.
How Can I Watch Security Cameras on My TV?
To watch your security cameras on TV, you will need the following;
- A security camera compatible with your TV (Nest Cam)
- Home speaker or display or Google Nest
Now, let’s look at how to watch your security camera on a smart TV.
How To Watch Your Security Camera On A Smart TV
You can watch your security cameras on your smart TV by taking the following steps:
- Set up your security cameras. Click this link to set up your Nest Cam.
- Set up your Speaker or display and Chromecast (on your smart TV). Make sure the Chromecast and security camera are both connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Download the Google Home app from the play store and add camera.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Ensure the home shown is the one paired with your security camera.
- At the top left, click “Set up device” and choose camera
- Link TV using Google Home app.
- Open Google Home app.
- At the home screen, tap Chromecast
- Click “Settings” then “Recognition & sharing.”
- Tap on a banner that reads “Enable voice control and more.”
- Follow the prompt and link your TV.
- Watch your security camera on your TV with voice commands.
For a more comprehensive guide, click here.
Now you know how to get Nest cam on your TV.