How to Cast to My TCL TV – 4 Solutions to Try
Casting content from a phone, tablet, or computer to your TV has become very popular in recent years. It’s an ideal option for any time you want to view content on a larger screen, such as during family get-togethers or meetings. If you have a TCL television, you may be wondering: “how do I cast to my TCL TV?”
There are several ways to cast to your TCL television. You could use built-in features, such as Chromecast or Apple AirPlay. If your TV isn’t compatible with either of these, you might want to try downloading an external casting app on both your phone and television or using an HDMI cable to connect your laptop to your TV.
Below, we’ll discuss four different ways you can cast content from your phone or computer to your TCL TV. Keep reading to learn all your options!
There are many techniques you can use to cast videos, photos, or other content on your TCL TV.
Some of the easiest and most popular ways to cast to your TCL TV include:
- External apps
- An HDMI cable
Below, we’ll discuss when and how you can use each method to mirror another device to your television screen.
Many TCL smart TVs use Roku TV technology. If you have one of these televisions, there’s a good chance it’s equipped with Apple AirPlay technology. AirPlay allows you to easily cast content from your iPhone, iPad, or Apple computer to your TCL TV. Here’s how to find out if your TCL Roku TV is compatible with AirPlay:
- From your Roku TV home screen, navigate to the Settings screen.
- On the Settings screen, scroll down the list and see if you have a section labeled “Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.”
- If you see this listed on the screen, you can use AirPlay for casting. If not, you’ll have to move on to another option.
Here’s how to AirPlay your Apple device to your television:
- From your Roku TV Settings screen, choose Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
- Make sure your TV is set to allow AirPlay connections, then exit the Settings menu.
- Connect both your smart TV and your device to the same wifi network.
- On iPhones and iPads, navigate to your Control Center and choose “Screen Mirroring.” Then, select your TV from the list of devices.
- On Macbooks and Apple Computers, you’ll need to open your System Preferences. Choose “Displays,” then choose your TV from the dropdown menu next to “AirPlay Displays.”
- Once you connect your Apple device to your TV, the cast will begin automatically.
If your TCL TV is not AirPlay-compatible, it may be compatible with Google Chromecast. If your TCL TV uses Android TV technology, Google Chromecast is likely built-in.
Many popular streaming services offer you the ability to use Chromecast without installing any additional apps. Some examples of Chromecast-compatible streaming services include:
- Amazon Prime Video
These apps will have a Chromecast icon in the upper corner of the video player screen. All you have to do is press on the icon, then choose your TCL TV from the list of available devices. The video you’re watching will automatically start playing on your TV as long as you have the corresponding app installed.
You can also use Chromecast to cast your computer screen to your TCL Android TV. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Press the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner, then choose “Cast” from the dropdown menu.
- Under “Sources,” choose whether you’d like to cast the current tab or your entire desktop.
- Finally, choose your TCL TV from the list of available devices to start casting.
If your TCL TV isn’t compatible with either Chromecast or AirPlay, there are some free apps available that will allow you to cast using AirPlay, Chromecast, or some other type of casting technology. Browse your TCL TV’s app store and find a highly-rated casting app that works with the device you want to mirror from. Download and install the app, then follow the on-screen instructions to begin casting content!
Sometimes, the oldest solution is the best. If your laptop and television both have an HDMI port, you can connect an HDMI cable to both devices and cast your computer screen to your TV this way.
The exact setup will vary based on the type of laptop you own. However, you can follow these steps to get started:
- Connect one end of your HDMI cable to your television and the other to your laptop.
- Change your TV’s input to HDMI.
- Follow your laptop’s instructions for screen mirroring via HDMI.
While this will not work if you want to cast your phone or tablet screen to your television, it’s a good backup option if you have no other choices.
If you want to cast videos, photos, or any other type of content to your TCL TV, there are a few different techniques you can try. The easiest methods include Apple AirPlay and Google Chromecast. However, if your television isn’t compatible with either of these technologies, you can try downloading an external casting app from your TV’s app store or connecting via HDMI.