When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
JBL produces some of the best-selling Bluetooth speakers. If you recently purchased a JBL Bluetooth speaker, you might wonder how to pair your speaker and device.
How to Pair JBL Bluetooth Speakers
Pairing your JBL Bluetooth speakers to a new device is easy, whether you’re using:
- Android phone
Pair JBL Bluetooth Speakers with iPhone
Here’s how you can pair a JBL Bluetooth speaker with your iPhone or iPad:
- Open your Settings app.
- Select “Bluetooth.” Make sure Bluetooth is toggled on.
- Press your speaker’s power button to turn it on.
- Put your speaker in pairing mode by pressing the Bluetooth button.
- Once you enter pairing mode, your speaker should appear in the list of available devices on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on your speaker to connect.
Now, you can stream music, podcasts, and more from your iOS device to your JBL speaker.
Pair JBL Speakers with Android
Follow these steps to pair your JBL speaker with an Android phone:
- Swipe to open the drop-down menu on your phone.
- Enable Bluetooth.
- Put your speaker into pairing mode by pressing the Bluetooth button.
- Open your settings and tap “Connected Devices.”
- Tap “Pair New Device” and select your speaker.
You’ll now be able to start playing music and making phone calls through your JBL speakers.
Pair JBL Speakers with Mac
You can also pair a JBL speaker to a Mac or Macbook and use it to play music, podcasts, or audio from your favorite streaming services. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Apple menu.
- Select “System Preferences” or “System Settings.”
- Select “Bluetooth.”
- Put your speaker into pairing mode.
- Look for your speaker in the list of available devices.
- Click “Connect,” then “Accept.”
Pair JBL Speakers with PC
Pairing a JBL speaker with a Windows PC or laptop will allow you to stream content and play music through the speaker. Here’s how you can make the connection:
- Open the Start menu.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select Bluetooth & Other Devices.
- Select “Add Bluetooth Or Other Device.”
- Put your speaker into pairing mode.
- Find and select your JBL device from the list of available devices.
- Follow the prompts to complete the pairing process.
Is the Pairing Process the Same for All JBL Speakers?
The pairing process is generally the same for all JBL speakers. However, some speakers have a Bluetooth button, while others, like the JBL Flip, have a pairing button.
JBL Bluetooth Speaker Compatibility
JBL Bluetooth speakers are compatible with any device that has Bluetooth capabilities. This includes:
- Smart TVs
- Bluetooth-enabled PCs
- Mac computers
- Speakers with JBL Connect capabilities
- Bluetooth-enabled gaming consoles
Troubleshooting: JBL Bluetooth Speaker Won’t Pair
If your JBL Bluetooth speaker isn’t pairing to any of your devices, check to ensure:
- The speaker is charged
- The speaker is turned on
- The device you’re trying to connect to has Bluetooth capabilities
If you’ve confirmed the above and the speaker still won’t pair to your device, you’ll need to investigate the issue further.
Put Your Speaker in Pairing Mode
Your device won’t be able to find your JBL speaker unless it’s in pairing mode. You can put your speaker into pairing mode by pressing the Bluetooth button or pairing button.
Once it’s in pairing mode, the power light will begin flashing quickly.
Reset your JBL Speakers
If you still can’t get the speaker to connect to your device, try resetting it following the steps below:
- Press and hold the + button and Bluetooth button simultaneously until they light up.
- Wait for your speaker to power down. It should make the same noise as it does when you normally power it off.
- Press the power button and see if the speaker automatically enters pairing mode. If you’re using a JBL Flip, press the pairing button.
Resetting the speaker should clear any glitches preventing it from pairing to a new device.
FAQ: Pairing JBL Bluetooth Speakers
How Many JBL Speakers Can You Connect?
You can connect up to 100 JBL speakers. All you have to do is ensure they have JBL Connect capabilities in your product manuals.
Once you’ve confirmed you can use JBL Connect, follow the steps below:
- Connect to one of your JBL speakers and start playing media through it.
- Press the connect button on the speaker you want to add.
- Press the connect button on the speaker that’s currently playing.
- Repeat the process for each speaker.
What is Stereo and Party Mode for JBL Speakers?
Once two JBL speakers are connected, they’re in Stereo Mode. Once a third is connected, they enter Party Mode.
Both modes ensure the same audio emits from each speaker.
What is the JBL Portable App?
The JBL Portable app allows you to:
- Alter your speaker’s EQ settings
- Tweak the bass and other sounds
- Personalize your JBL headphones
- Personalize your speaker’s light settings
- Switch between Party or Stereo Mode
- Monitor your JBL speaker’s battery life
Installing the JBL Portable app gives you an easy way to check and adjust all your speaker’s settings.