Does Echo Show 15 Work with Google Calendar?
After launching your Echo Show 15, you’ll see an array of pre-configured widgets and built-in features like a to-do list, step-by-step recipes, and a calendar. The Echo Show 15 features its own calendar, but many people wonder if they can link their Google Calendar to their new device.
It is possible to integrate your Google Calendar within The Echo Show 15 through Alexa. With this, reminders, event schedules, and many more settings can be customized to a user’s taste.
With your Google Calendar on your Echo Show, you can ensure you’re always up to speed with your daily activities. Keep reading to learn more about using Google Calendar with the Echo Show 15!
Amazon’s Echo Show 15 works perfectly with Google Calendar. Echo proudly supports both Apple and Google technologies. Although the Echo Show has basic calendar features, like reminder settings and a date display on the dashboard, Google Calendar offers more.
For instance, the Echo Show’s sticky note feature is a great reminder tool, but it comes in a separate widget from the calendar. To stay on track with set schedules, you’ll need a compound system that allows for a range of time-management features.
The Echo Show’s built-in calendar functions well, but only in line with the pre-configured features. However, with external Calendars like Google, time-related skills are maximized.
The functionality of every Echo device is maximized when you use Alexa features. There are many benefits of connecting your Google Calendar to your Echo Show 15. Some of these include:
- Event scheduling
- Reminder settings
- Sharing schedules with friends and family
- Customized calendar view and notifications
- Creation of tasks with set deadlines
- Notes and to-do list creation
The Google Calendar is loaded with these functions and more. Compared to the Echo Show’s built-in calendar, it’s more of an all-in-one package. You can even use voice commands to set different appointments, schedules, and more with Alexa, keeping up through real-time updates.
To sync your Google calendar to the Echo Show 15, you will need to navigate to either the Echo Show 15’s settings or the Alexa app on your smartphone. Below, we’ll highlight the process of using either method.
Adding your Google Calendar to your Echo Show 15 is easy to do through the device’s settings. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Slide down the drop-down taskbar.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Calendar Services.”
- Select “Link to Google Calendar.”
- Sign into your Google account.
Follow the on-screen instructions to finish syncing your Google Calendar to your Echo Show. After doing this, you will be able to access and create events on your Google Calendar right from your device.
If you prefer not to navigate your Echo Show’s settings, you can also add your Google Calendar to your device through the Alexa app on your smartphone. Follow the steps below:
- Launch the Alexa app.
- Go to the bottom right corner and select “More.”
- Press “Settings.”
- Scroll to Alexa Preferences and tap on “Calendar and Email.”
- Tap “Add Account.”
- Choose “Google.”
- Grant Alexa access to your email, calendar, or both. Then, press “Next” to proceed.
- Sign into your Google account.
- Toggle as many calendars as you’d like, then hit “Continue.”
- Choose a default calendar for when you add new events.
Linking your Google Calendar to Alexa enables you to perform hands-free commands to set and alter calendar events.
Once your Google Calendar is connected to your Echo Show 15 and Alexa, there’s no need to manually set reminders, schedules, and tasks. Instead, you can use any of these commands to manage that for you:
- “Alexa, when is my next event?”
- “Alexa, cancel the reminder to…”
- “Alexa, what are my tasks for today?”
- “Alexa, what’s on my calendar on Tuesday by 4 pm?”
- “Alexa, remind Sally to take her medicine by 8 am daily.”
- “Alexa, add a doctor’s appointment to my calendar tomorrow at 10 am.”
- “Alexa, remind me to pay my TV subscription on the 15th of every month at 9 am.”
The Echo Show 15 is compatible with your Google Calendar. You can add the feature to your device using your Echo Show settings or the Alexa app. Once the feature is set up, you can access all the features Google Calendar offers in one place, enjoying most of it through Alexa’s voice-activated commands.