By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hisense is an affordable TV brand that offers a quality viewing experience. One feature they offer to remain competitive with other TV manufacturers is screen mirroring.
How Do I Screen Mirror My iPhone to My Hisense TV?
If your Hisense TV uses Google or Roku TV technology, you can screen mirror your iPhone via AirPlay.
However, if your Hisense TV uses the Fire TV or Vidaa TV operating system, you’ll need to take additional steps to mirror your iPhone to your TV.
How to Check if Your Hisense TV Supports AirPlay
If your Hisense TV runs on the Roku or Google TV operating system, it likely comes with built-in AirPlay compatibility.
Hisense TV models that use other operating systems are not compatible with AirPlay out of the box. This includes:
- Android TV
- Fire TV
- Vidaa TV
Here’s how to check whether your Hisense Roku TV supports AirPlay:
- Open your TV’s Settings.
- Look for “Apple AirPlay & HomeKit” in the submenus. If you see it, select it to open your AirPlay settings.
- Toggle AirPlay on.
And here’s how to check if your Hisense Google TV is compatible with AirPlay:
- Press the Source button on your TV remote.
- Select “Edit” and see if you can find “AirPlay.”
- If you do see AirPlay, select it.
- Press “AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.”
- Make sure AirPlay is toggled on.
After enabling AirPlay, you can begin screen mirroring your iPhone from the Control Center.
How to AirPlay an iPhone to a Hisense TV
If your Hisense TV is compatible with AirPlay, you can begin screen mirroring right from your iPhone. Here’s how to get started:
- Connect your iPhone and Hisense TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select “General,” then “AirPlay & Handoff.”
- Tap “Automatically AirPlay to TVs” and select “Ask” or “Automatic.”
- Swipe to open the Control Center on your iPhone.
- Tap the Screen Mirror icon. This looks like two rectangles overlapping each other.
- Select your Hisense TV from the list of available devices.
- If prompted, enter the code displayed on your TV.
After entering this code, your iPhone’s screen should immediately appear on your TV screen.
Other Ways to Mirror an iPhone to a Hisense TV
There are other ways to screen mirror an iPhone to a Hisense TV if it doesn’t support AirPlay. The easiest is to connect a streaming device that does support AirPlay. If you don’t want to buy a new device, use a Lightning-to-HDMI adapter.
Screen Mirroring with an External Device
Newer Roku players support AirPlay. This includes the following:
To use an external streaming device with your Hisense TV, all you need to do is connect it to a power source and your TV’s HDMI port. Then, turn AirPlay on and start screen mirroring your iPhone.
Screen Mirroring with an Adapter
If you don’t want to use an external device to screen mirror your iPhone to your Hisense TV, you can use a Lightning-to-HDMI adapter.
Here’s how to make the connection:
- Plug the Lightning cable into your iPhone’s Lightning port.
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the adapter.
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into your Hisense TV.
- Switch your TV’s source to the corresponding HDMI input.
Apple’s Lighting-to-HDMI adapters are compatible with every iPhone since the iPhone 5.
FAQ: Screen Mirroring iPhones to Hisense TVs
Can I Use Chromecast to Screen Mirror My iPhone?
You can use Chromecast with a Hisense TV. However, Chromecast is a casting device, not a screen mirroring device.
While you can use Chromecast to select a photo, video, or other type of content from your phone and show it on a bigger screen, you can’t mirror your actual phone screen.
Why Won’t My iPhone Mirror to My Hisense TV?
If your iPhone won’t screen mirror to your Hisense TV, make sure:
- Both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- AirPlay is enabled for both devices.
- Your Hisense TV or streaming device and iPhone are both updated to the latest version.
If you still cannot screen mirror to your TV, try rebooting your Hisense TV and your iPhone.
What is the Difference Between Screen Mirror and AirPlay?
Screen mirroring and AirPlay have minor differences but are essentially the same. However, while screen mirroring can be done on any device, AirPlay will only work with Apple devices.
AirPlay works on:
Do I Need Internet to Use AirPlay or Screen Mirror?
While it is easier to screen mirror your iPhone to your Hisense TV over Wi-Fi, it is possible to do so without an internet connection.
If Bluetooth is enabled on both devices, you can AirPlay your iPhone to your TV. If your TV doesn’t have Bluetooth, you can also use a Lightning-to-HDMI adapter to mirror your phone.
However, without Wi-Fi, you’ll be limited to content already loaded on your phone.
Which Operating System Do Hisense TVs Use?
Different Hisense TV models run on different operating systems. Your Hisense TV may run on any of the following:
- Android TV
- Fire TV
- Google TV
- Roku TV
- Vidaa TV
However, Google TV and Roku TV are the only operating systems with integrated AirPlay compatibility.
Can I Use a Third-Party App to Screen Mirror to a Hisense TV?
Some Hisense TVs, particularly older model smart TVs and those that do not natively support AirPlay, may offer third-party applications to access screen mirroring.
However, third-party apps are known to be unreliable and can potentially pose security risks. If you decide to utilize third-party software, do so at your own risk.