Can You Download Apps on the Echo Show 10?
An Echo Show 10 does many of the things that a tablet does at a similar price. But does that mean you can download apps on the device too?
You can download apps on the Echo Show 10 through the Alexa app. Here, you can download “skills” like Hulu, Audible, and more.
Many of these skills are free or come with small monthly subscriptions. You shouldn’t have any problems with storage capacity, either, so you can download to your heart’s content. Continue reading to learn more about downloading apps on the Echo Show 10.
What Apps Can You Download on the Echo Show 10?
Some apps that you can download to the Echo Show 10 include:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Good Housekeeping
- Connect 4
- Panda Rescue
- Fish Tank for Echo Show
Pre-Installed Apps on Echo Show 10
Many apps that you use every day come pre-loaded on your device. For instance, you can say, “Alexa, play King of the Hill on YouTube,” and your device will automatically launch the video on YouTube. You can also use the pre-installed weather app by saying, “Alexa, what’s the temperature outside?” and you’ll get an answer in seconds. You can even have video calls with one of the built-in apps!
How to Download Apps onto Echo Show 10
To download apps onto your Echo Show 10, you’ll need:
- A solid internet connection. Your Amazon Echo Show 10 needs a router of at least 2.4 GHz/5GHz to work. You can check your internet connection by clicking here.
- The latest version of the Alexa app. You can download this for free on the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Your Amazon Echo Show 10. Your Echo Show 10 must be within 30 feet away from the router.
Once you’ve procured these items, follow these steps to download skills:
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Tap the “Menu” button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose “Skills & Games.”
- Select the skill that you want.
- Choose “Enable Skill.”
Apps Not Downloading on Echo Show 10: Troubleshooting
If you followed the above instructions, but your Amazon Echo Show 10 won’t download an app, consider these measures:
Check Your Login Credentials
When enabling a skill, you may be asked to enter your login information. Your username and password are case-sensitive. If you’re unsure what your login information is, you can reset your account and get a new one.
Check Your Memory Storage
If you have too many skills enabled on your Amazon Echo Show 10, you might be able to download new skills. Check how many skills you have enabled and try disabling them. You can do this by:
- Opening the Alexa app.
- Choosing the “Menu” button at the bottom.
- Tapping “Skills & Games.”
- Choosing the skill you want to disable.
- Tapping “Disable Skill.”
Once you’ve completed these steps, try downloading the skill you want again.
Reset Your Amazon Echo Show 10
It’s possible to “overwhelm” your Amazon Echo Show 10 with information. You might notice delays, frequent disconnections, and lags when this happens. To reset your device, follow these simple steps:
- Hold down on the mute and volume down button for 15 seconds.
- Release the buttons when the Amazon logo appears on the screen.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Force Quit out of the Alexa App
You should also force quit out of the Alexa app for good measure. This depends based on what phone you have. For instance, if you have an iPhone, you can force quit out of the app by:
- Swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
- Navigating to the open Alexa app.
- Quickly swiping up on the app.
If you have an Android phone, you can force quit out of the Alexa app by:
- Going to “settings.”
- Scrolling through the list of apps.
- Choosing the Alexa app.
- Tap “FORCE STOP.”
Check Your Amazon Echo Show 10 for Any Updates
Periodically, Amazon will release software updates to enhance your user experience. Some of these updates download automatically. Others, however, do not. If your device isn’t on the latest software update, it might have difficulty downloading skills.
To check for updates:
- Stand in front of your Amazon Echo Show 10.
- Say “Go to settings.” (You can also just press the settings icon on the screen)
- Select “Device Options.”
- Select “Check for software updates.”
- Install any necessary updates.
A Final Word
You can download apps on the Echo Show 10 by visiting the “skills” section in the Alexa app. Some of these apps are free to use; others come with paid subscriptions.