Can You Facetime on Echo Show 10?
Your Echo Show 10 is a great smart home device that makes it easier to perform daily tasks. In addition, you can get in touch with your loved ones through calls and videos on other Echo devices or the Alexa app.
You cannot Facetime on your Echo Show 10. Although you can place free video calls on Echo Show 10, Facetime is an app that only works on Apple devices. You can only place video calls from your Echo Show 10 to other Echo Show devices or the Alexa app on your smartphone.
It is vital to know how to make video calls to your loved ones, especially when you cannot see them in person. Read on to learn how to place individual and group video calls, and drop in for seamless video chats.
How Do I Make a Video Call on Echo Show 10?
To make a video call from your Echo Show 10, the person you are calling should have an Echo show device or have the Alexa app installed on their phone. In addition, the person you want to call should be in your Alexa contacts.
You can make video calls using voice commands or the display touchscreen. Let us walk through both options.
How To Place a Call on Echo Show Using Voice Commands
You can make a video call through your voice in the following simple steps:
- Open the camera shutter on your Echo device
- Issue the command by saying, “Alexa, video call (contact).” Alexa might need you to confirm the contact information or correct the information before initiating the call.
- You should see yourself on the screen while waiting for the person to answer your call. Your image moves to a small box when the person answers.
- Say “Alexa, end video call” or press the red hang-up button to end the video call.
If you can’t see yourself on your screen when making the call, the camera shutter is closed, or the camera is off. If you would like to learn more about Echo, take a look at this article.
How To Place a Call Using the Display Touchscreen
The Echo Show 10 has a touchscreen that allows you to perform various actions, including placing video calls. In addition, it is an excellent option if Alexa is unable to recognize the contact or you want to be careful to select the correct contact.
You can make a video call on the screen in the following steps:
- Open your camera shutter.
- Swipe the right side of the screen towards the center to open the Echo Show menu.
- Select communicate
- Tap show contacts and scroll down to select the contact of the person you want to call.
- Tap the video call icon to initiate the video call.
- Press the red hang-up button to end the call.
You can also make a video call from your Echo Show device to their Alexa phone app contact. First, ensure that you add them to your Alexa contacts. Then place the call and choose the Alexa device to complete the call.
How Do I Make Group Video Calls on Echo Show 10?
The Echo Show 10 device has an additional free feature that allows you to make group video calls with up to seven participants. You can call contacts simultaneously with both video and audio-only options available. However, you need to set up the group using the Alexa app, and all participants have to opt-in.
You can add group members who have Echo devices or the Alexa app installed on your phone. You can set up a group in the following steps:
- Open the Alexa app on your phone
- At the bottom of the screen, select the communicate icon
- Click on the people icon on the top right corner of the screen
- Click add new
- Click add group
- After reading the setup information, click enable
- Add contacts to your group by checking the box next to the contacts, then click continue
- Enter a name for your group and click create group
- Your group is ready for calls, and you can use voice commands to initiate a group call. Say, “Alexa, video call (group name).”
You can set up as many groups as you want for your friends, family, and co-workers. To add a new member to the group, tap + on the screen and remove a member by clicking on edit then remove. Additionally, adding the group to favorites will give you quick access.
What Is the Echo Show Drop-In?
The Echo Show Drop-In is a feature that allows you to contact other Alexa-enabled devices in your household like an intercom. However, you need to give permissions in the Alexa app before using the Drop-In feature.
You can enable the drop-in feature in a few steps:
- Open the Alexa app on your phone
- On the calling and messaging screen, click set up Drop-In
- Click on profile settings and turn it on
You can also complete the setup using voice commands. Say “Alexa, Drop-In” and follow the instructions to complete the setup. You should note that you cannot control which contacts you can Drop In on because they must first grant you Drop In permissions.
Your Echo Show 10 device is a smart home device that makes connecting to your loved ones easier with Alexa’s hands-free video calls. You can place video calls on other Echo devices or contacts who have installed the Alexa app on their phone.
Also, you can set up group video calls with up to seven members. In addition, you can seamlessly connect to other Alexa-enabled devices like an intercom using the Drop-In feature.