By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
TCL offers a range of smart TVs equipped with Roku, Google, and Android technology. When you purchase a TCL TV, the base stand and installation screws are usually included in the box. However, if you’ve misplaced these screws or bought your stand aftermarket, you might be wondering what size screws you need.
Typically, you will need M screws to attach your TCL TV to its stand. These include M4, M5, M6, and M8. M screws are available in many different lengths, and depending on your TCL TV model, you might need 10, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, or 60mm. You can check your owner’s manual or TV’s online product page to be sure.
Below, we’ll highlight how to ensure you pick the right size screws for your particular model, as well as some installation tips. Read on to learn all you need to know!
The exact size screws you’ll need to attach your TCL TV stand depends on the device’s model. However, you’ll need M screws for almost all TCL TV models. Whether your stand can be attached with an M4, M5, M6, or M8 screw will depend on its size.
Your TV stands and the screws you need to attach them are usually included in the box. If you need to replace these screws, there are a couple of ways you can find out which size you need.
If you still have your TV’s manual, look for the stand installation instructions. The size and amount of screws you need to attach the stand will likely be listed here.
If you don’t have the manual, you’ll need to find the exact model name of your television, then look at the product page on TCL’s website, under “Specifications,” to see which size and how many screws you need. For example, the TCL 50″ 5-Series model uses four M5x25mm screws.
If you buy your TCL TV new, you will have to attach the stand yourself after unpacking the box’s contents. Once you have the correct size and amount of screws, take the following steps to attach your television to its stand:
- Carefully place your TV, screen side down, on a couch or other cushioned surface. This will protect the screen from any damage as you install the stand.
- Place each stand into its column on the bottom of your television, making sure to align the screw holes on both pieces.
- Using a Phillips Head screwdriver, twist each screw in to secure the TV and stand to each other.
- After all the screws have been tightened appropriately to ensure stability, gently lift your TV up and place it directly on the surface of your choosing.
TCL TVs can be up to 85″ in length. For this reason, it’s essential to consider all the safety information related to placing your television on its stands. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Always place your TV on a stable surface. Any falls could not only damage the television but also cause an injury to anyone in the area.
- Only use stands and mounts that come with your TV or those that are recommended by the manufacturer.
- Make sure the TV’s stands don’t hang over the edge of the surface you place it on. If it’s not stable, it’s much more likely to fall at some point.
- Place your television directly on the table, cabinet, or other surface you’re setting it on. Any materials you set it on top of decrease its stability and increase the chances of a fall.
Attaching your television to the included base stand is the easiest and quickest way to set it up. If you want to mount your TV to the wall instead, you’ll need to purchase a VESA mount and the required screws separately.
Many people prefer to mount their TV to the wall instead of setting it on a surface. This saves space in smaller areas, and certain mounts allow you to move and adjust the TV’s position according to where you are sitting. However, mounting a television is much more complicated than installing the stands, and you’ll need to be careful while doing so to ensure safety and stability.
First, purchase a compatible VESA wall mount for your TCL TV. Recommended sizes will likely be listed in your owner’s manual or on the TV’s online product page. If you’re having trouble finding this information, try searching Amazon for your television’s model name plus “VESA wall mount.” For example, the 50″ 5-Series TCL model will need a VESA 300x200mm wall mount.
When installing the mount to the wall, be sure to follow the included instructions to a tee. You will need to work carefully to ensure you mount everything securely enough to hold the weight of your television. If you aren’t comfortable or confident installing the mount yourself, consider opting for professional installation.
Attaching a stand to your TCL TV is the easiest way to set it up. If you’ve misplaced the original screws or purchased your stand aftermarket, you’ll be able to find the exact size screws you need in your owner’s manual or on the online product page.
Almost all TCL televisions use M screws to attach the stand. Make sure to choose the right size, as well as the correct length, to ensure stability.