Day after day, Asian pop culture is gaining worldwide popularity in the entertainment industry. This is why many smart TV users subscribe to the Viki app for premium entertainment. However, Viki was recently removed from Samsung TV’s library. As a lover of Asian shows, you may be looking for other ways to watch Viki on your television.
- Connect a Roku device to your TV
- Use Google Chromecast to browse the web
- Mirror your mobile phone to your TV
- Watch Viki on other streaming apps
Luckily, there are several ways you can keep enjoying Viki on your Samsung TV. Keep reading to learn more about these four different ways of doing so!
Since Viki is no longer available on Samsung TV, you will need to use other methods to stream your favorite Korean and Chinese shows. By adopting these procedures, you and your family can keep watching Viki on your Samsung TV.
Although the Viki app is not available on Samsung TV, it is available on the Roku Store. A quick way to stream Viki on your Samsung TV is by connecting a Roku streaming stick or box.
After connecting your TV to any Roku streaming media player, such as the Roku Express 4K+ or Roku Ultra, you can download the Viki app and watch your favorite shows. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Set up your Roku player by plugging one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port at the back of the device and the other into an HDMI port on your Samsung TV.
- Follow the on-screen setup to create your Roku account and connect your device to your home’s WiFi network.
- Search for “Viki” through the Search function on the Home screen.
- Download the Viki channel.
After installing Viki on your Roku player, you can open the app and find your favorite shows. This process is the same for all Roku devices, including streaming boxes and sticks.
Some Samsung TV models come with Google Chromecast built-in. This feature allows you to cast your phone or tablet’s screen to your television and enjoy different types of content on a larger screen.
If your Samsung TV does not have Chromecast built-in, you could also purchase a Chromecast stick and connect it to your TV through the HDMI port. With this feature ready, you can find content on your Android or iOS device, then cast Viki to your Samsung TV. Here’s how to do it:
- Connect your TV and the device you’re using to cast to the same WiFi network.
- Using your smartphone or tablet, visit the Viki website or open the Viki app.
- Select the video you want to watch.
- Click on the cast icon next to the volume button under the video player.
- A pop-up window will appear with available TV devices to cast to. Select your Samsung TV.
Mirror Your Mobile Phone to Your TV
Not to be confused with casting, which involves sharing content to your TV from another device, screen mirroring is a projection of a phone screen onto a TV. If casting is not a viable option, you can watch Viki by screen mirroring through the following steps:
- Connect your phone and Samsung TV to the same WiFi network.
- Download the SmartThings app on your phone. Once you open it, it will automatically search for Samsung devices. Choose your TV from the list.
- Select “Mobile Device” from the Connection Guide.
- Go to “Screen Sharing.”
- Your TV will ask you if you want to allow sharing. Press “Yes.”
- On the app, select the Smart View option to begin screen mirroring.
- Using your phone, log into the Viki app or visit their website.
- Choose the movie or series you want to watch.
There are some streaming platforms available on Samsung TV that offer streaming through Viki. A prime example is Hulu. To watch Viki, you must sign up for Hulu + Live TV. Then, follow these steps to make the necessary connections:
- Search for Hulu through the Samsung TV Smart Hub.
- Add Hulu to your list of apps and channels.
- Log into your subscribed Hulu account.
- Search for Viki, and choose your preferred movie or series.
Now, you can watch Viki on your Samsung TV through Hulu.
Viki is an amazing app that broadcasts a variety of Asian movies and TV shows. Since it is currently unavailable on Samsung TV, you will need to use other methods to watch this content on your TV screen.
You can bypass this issue with a streaming media player, casting or mirroring your phone, or watching Viki through other streaming services. Choose the best method for you, and get the Viki experience on your Samsung TV.