How Can I Control My Toshiba TV with My iPhone
Smart mobile devices like iPhone and iPod can now control various home appliances, including Toshiba TV. It takes only a few clicks to transform an iPhone into a remote for Toshiba TV.
To control Toshiba TV with an iPhone, install the Toshiba Cloud TV application on the iPhone, connect the iPhone to Cloud TV services, and pair the iPhone with your Toshiba TV. The Toshiba Tv and the iPhone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to allow communication.
So, how can you set your Toshiba TV to allow communication with your iPhone? We will show you how you can do that in this article. Just read till the end!
How to Control Toshiba TV with iPhone
Controlling your Toshiba TV with your iPhone is not an insurmountable task, and it’s one worthy of learning when you inevitably lose your remote. To control your TV with your iPhone, you’ll need to do a few things.
Create a cloud tv account:
- Press the “Home” button on your TV remote.
- Choose “Settings” from the bottom right corner of the TV screen.
- Choose “Cloud Setup Wizard” from the options in settings and set up a cloud TV account on your Toshiba TV.
Enable TV communication with external devices:
- Click the “Setup” button on the remote.
- Choose “Network” from “Setup,” then choose Network Device Setup > External Control Setup, then click Ok.
- Choose “Apps Control Profile” from the options and enable your TV to communicate with external devices.
Setup the Toshiba Cloud TV app:
- Install the Toshiba Cloud TV application on your iPhone and open the application.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click next to proceed to the setup wizard.
- Choose a name for your device from the device profile setting that pops up and click next to create a new user account on your iPhone.
- Enter your information in the available fields, choose a pin, and close the Cloud Setup Wizard.
Pair your iPhone with the TV:
- Choose “setting” from the home screen of the Toshiba Cloud TV app and choose a name for your device.
- Choose “Invite Device” from the setting, then link your iPhone to your Toshiba TV.
- Return to the application’s home screen and select the remote icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click “Select” at the upper right corner of the screen and choose your Toshiba TV.
Now you can start controlling your Toshiba TV from your iPhone. Select the keypad icon at the center of the screen to see all the available controls. Ensure you connect your iPhone and Toshiba TV to the same Wi-Fi network while following the steps above.
Does my iPhone Need to Be Up to Date to Control my TV
Although we recommend you update your iPhone regularly, your iPhone will still control your TV even if the iPhone is not up to date. However, you should note that some of the third-party apps that connect your iPhone to TVs may no longer be compatible with old versions of iPhones later in the future. Hence you should endeavor to update your iPhone even when you can control your TV with it.
Can I Control Any Toshiba TV with my iPhone?
Of course, there are different kinds of Toshiba TVs. But which one can you control with iPhone? The following are the kinds of Toshiba TVs you can control with your iPhone.
- Smart Toshiba TVs: You can control any smart Toshiba TV with your iPhone. This is because smart Toshiba TVs come with Wi-Fi, making them very easy to connect with iPhone.
- Non-smart Toshiba TVs: You can also control some non-smart Toshiba TVs with your iPhone. But this doesn’t come easily, because most non-smart Toshiba TVs can only be controlled from devices with infrared blasters. iPhones don’t come with infrared blasters. So, to do that, you have to buy a separate IR blaster. This will enable you to connect your iPhone to your TV.
What Can I Do on my TV from my Phone?
Perhaps you just got a new TV, and you are wondering what you can do on the TV from your phone. Well, here are the things you can do on your TV from your phone.
- You can control your TV: Your phone can grant you easy access to many basic controls like volume adjustment on your TV. You can even change channels and adjust some settings on your TV right from your phone. For instance, you can adjust the brightness level of the TV screen from your phone.
- You can stream content: You can stream content on your TV from your phone. For instance, if you wish to share your vacation videos with a large number of people, you can easily stream them on your TV from your phone.
It takes only a few clicks to transform an iPhone into a remote and content streaming device. While this fact might appear to be an exaggerated statement, it is possible and easy to achieve.
Many people are already using their iPhones to control their Toshiba TV and stream content. You can also join these sets of people. All you have to do is follow the instructions in this article. Try it today to enjoy the smart world that technology has created!