Crunchyroll Cast Not Working- 3 Fixes to Try!
If you don’t just watch Crunchyroll on your PC or Laptop, you might use Chromecast to put the content on your TV so you can watch it with multiple people. You can cast Crunchyroll to any Chromecast device from an Android, IOS, or PC. If you are experiencing issues with Crunchyroll and the casting feature, it can be frustrating.
Most of the fixes are simple though, Make sure:
- Your WIFI is working
- You are using the latest version of Chrome
- You have the required third-party app if you are using IOS
You might be wondering exactly what to do if you are experiencing issues. We will go over the details in this article as well as troubleshooting tips. We will also discuss the proper way to cast with each device in case you have questions about if you are doing it correctly.
How Do I Cast Crunchyroll to the TV?
If you are not following the proper method for casting, the Crunchyroll cast feature will not work properly. Make sure to follow the proper procedure before doing any of the troubleshooting steps.
Casting With an Android
If you have an Android device, read this instruction.
Follow these steps if you are using an Android and want to cast:
- Open the notification panel on your device.
- There should be an icon called Wireless Project, Cast, or SmartShare.
- Click on the icon.
- Wait for the device to find your TV.
- Choose the name of your Chrome-enabled TV.
- Open the Crunchyroll app on your device and start streaming.
Move on to the next step if you have an IOS device instead.
Casting with an IOS Device
If you are using an IOS device, the process is a little different because you cannot cast from an Apple device to a non-Apple device. You can use third party apps though to be able to cast. One of the most popular used ones is the Replica App.
Here how to use it:
- Install Replica from the app store and wait for it to download.
- Connect your IOS device to the TV using Chromecast.
- Start mirroring.
- You should now be able to open Crunchyroll from your iPhone or iPad and mirror it to the TV.
If you use a PC or laptop, check the next solution.
Casting with PC or Laptop
A lot of anime watchers use their PC or laptop to stream Crunchyroll. But how can you cast to your TV for a better viewing experience?
You can cast from any PC or Laptop with a Google Chrome Browser following these steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Open the Crunchyroll browser.
- Click on the 3 dots at the top right corner.
- Click on Cast.
- The computer should take a few moments to scan for nearby devices and TVs.
- Choose the name of the TV you want to cast to.
- Click Cast the Tab.
- The Crunchyroll tab should now show on Chromecast.
If you have been using the right casting techniques as stated above and your Crunchyroll cast is still not working, you can try the troubleshooting tips below.
Troubleshooting Crunchyroll Casting
If your casting isn’t working, hopefully one of these fixes will get you sorted out.
Check Your WIFI Network
Your Chromecast TV and your device that is casting to the TV have to be on the same WIFI network. Go into settings on both devices and check that the WIFI network is the same. You will need to disconnect one device and reconnect it if they are showing different WIFI names.
Casting will also not work if your internet connection is unstable. Check your router and make sure it’s on and blinking red which could signal a problem.
Using Updated Chrome
If you’re using a PC or laptop, you need to use Chrome to cast. Using another browser will not work. Sometimes Chrome will also not work if it’s not the latest and updated version.
If you need to update Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on More with three dots in upper right corner.
- Click Help.
- Click About Google Chrome.
- Choose Update Google Chrome.
- Click Relaunch.
The browser should close while updating and then reopen. If you do not see the Update Google Chrome option, then you are on the latest version.
Using an App for IOS Devices
If you are using any kind of Apple device, you have to use a third party app for casting. There might be an issue with the app you are using. Try downloading another app from the store and see if it will work.
You might also need to delete the app you are currently using and redownload it to see if that makes a difference.
Casting with Crunchyroll is a great feature because it allows you to watch it on the TV rather than the phone or computer. When it’s not working, you need to make sure you have a stable WIFI connection, updated Google Chrome browser, and an app for IOS devices that can cast to the TV.