Can I Change The Screensaver On My Toshiba TV?
TVs come preloaded with branded materials and backgrounds. When you first turn one, it is not unique from its counterparts. It can become a challenge for those who enjoy more personality with their technology to determine if this background or screensaver factory setting can be adjusted. Thus, can I change the screensaver on my Toshiba TV?
You can change the screensaver and background on a Toshiba TV. You must either select a stock photo that comes pre-downloaded to the TV or download a third-party application on the TV. The TV can use the image from the third-party application as the screensaver or the TV background.
Knowing that this is possible and executing the setup are two completely different things. Keep reading to learn how to set up a screensaver from stock photos, from a third-party app, and how to troubleshoot a screensaver that stops functioning properly.
Using Pre-Loaded Stock Photos
Toshiba comes preloaded with stock photos. The photos range from mountainscapes, flower pictures, and other beautiful scenery. These pictures can get stale relatively quickly. It is fun to be able to change them up per your taste or even the season. Here is how to do it:
- Grab your remote
- Navigate to Settings and click it
- Scroll until you find Display and Sound
- Click it
- Then find Screensaver and select it
- Search through the stock photos and select which you prefer
- Confirm the setting and save it
When the TV goes idle due to non-use, the screensaver you selected from the stock photos will appear. It will stay on the TV until it is woken up from use or turned off completely. This stock photo can be swapped at any time by following the same steps above. This way, it never gets boring.
Using a screensaver is an excellent option for wall art, especially if your Toshiba TV is mounted.
Imaging From Third-Party Apps
If you are not a huge fan of stock images, you are not alone. Many people prefer a more personalized look, and a stock image will not provide such personalization. You must use a third-party application downloaded onto the Toshiba TV to attain this. If you have no experience with this, follow these steps:
- Turn on the TV and go to the Google Play Store
- In the search bar, search for the word wallpaper or screensaver
- Scroll through the different apps that pop-up
- Select an app with good reviews and ratings
- Download the selected app
- Open the app and find the picture you want and save it
- Click the home button and go back into the settings
- Select Display and Sound
- Select Screensaver
- Find the picture you selected and choose it
- Save your choice
You are now able to use the personalized screensaver of your choice. This is super easy to change at a drop of a hat, and it can match holidays, themes, or certain moods. It is the perfect addition to add something extra to your family room, game room, bedroom, or living room.
Troubleshooting the Screensaver
While it is nice to have a personalized screensaver on the TV when it goes into energy-saving mode, this functionality can sometimes stop working. This can be extremely frustrating because the TV will seem as if it has frozen up. We have a few great ways to troubleshoot the problem to get your Toshiba TV working again.
Update Those Settings
For a Toshiba TV to run properly, it needs to have the most up-to-date firmware. Without this firmware, the TV can stop functioning properly, hence a stuck screensaver. Although the TV should automatically update on its own if it is connected to WiFi, sometimes human intervention needs to occur. Follow these steps to update your Toshiba TVs firmware:
- Ensure your TV is connected to WiFi or the internet with an ethernet cable
- Grab the Toshiba TV remote
- Press the menu button
- Find the option named Get Help and press enter
- Find software upgrade and press enter
- Click install to get the latest firmware update. Allow the TV to go through the entire process and follow the on-screen directions to finish.
Once the Toshiba TV is up to date, it should work properly again when it goes into screensaver mode. If it does not, this may not have been the problem to begin with.
Perform a Hard Reset
If the Toshiba TV is so stuck it is frozen, then updating the firmware may not be possible. If this is the case, it is time to perform a hard reset on the TV. This should refresh the TV and its memory to get it to a point where it will work properly again. To hard reset a Toshiba TV, follow these instructions:
- Find the power cord to the TV, and unplug it from the wall. Sometimes if the cord is hidden in a mess of cords, you’ll need to get down and follow the cord to do this.
- While the TV is unplugged, press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 10 seconds, do NOT use the remote control power button, or this will not work.
- Release the power button after 10 seconds.
- Plug the TV back in.
- Try to turn it on again and see if the screen is still stuck.
- Repeat if necessary.
After performing the hard reset, the TV should normally work again. If it does not, this may indicate that a hardware problem exists. If this is the case, it may be time to call a TV technician or replace the Toshiba TV.
Personalize Your View
Using your TV to express yourself or add extra decor to a room is a new popular trend. It is also a fun way to amp up a living space. Although it is not hard to accomplish, it can be hard to pick the perfect image. When you do, be sure to sit back and enjoy the view.