A computer monitor is our window into the internet. We spend a countless amount of time sitting in front of our computer screens. The computer monitor we use can alter the view in either a good way or a negative way. Some people choose to use their TV as their computer monitor to get a better, larger picture because it works for what they use their computer for.
Can an LG TV be used as a computer monitor? Yes, using your TV as a computer monitor is an option many people choose when deciding what to hook up their computer to. You can hook up your computer or laptop fairly easily to any LG TV monitor as long as it has HDMI capability. All you may need is a trip to the local electronics department to purchase the proper cable for your job.
If you have decided to use your TV screen as a monitor then please keep reading below to find out how to follow the basic steps and get your TV hooked to the computer. A home computer has become so much more today than it was in the past. We use our computers daily and we are always looking for a way to make everything easier. You will be well on your way to family game night in the living room.
How Do I Hook Up My LG TV Monitor to My Computer?
One thing to remember is you do not have to know technical IT information to set this up. Take the following simple steps to use your TV monitor as your computer screen.
- Make sure your LG TV has HDMI or DP cable capability. This can be found by looking around your monitor for a spot labeled HDMI or DP.
- Be sure your TV is set to the right input source. You can check your TV instructions to be sure you find the right setting.
- Use the cable to connect the TV to the computer. One end of the HDMI or DP cable will fit in the TV and the other end will fit into your computer.
Once you have everything set up, you can start enjoying your gaming activities or better website surfing from the comfort of your living room couch. You can also set up and view your computer monitor and TV as dual screens.
There are several reasons a person may choose to hook up their TV to the computer and use it as the monitor.
- You want to play your video games on a bigger screen. If you’re a gamer, a bigger screen will enhance your experience and the graphics will look more detailed.
- You want to view PowerPoints or other presentations from a larger monitor to understand better.
- A bigger screen will help you watch videos easier. A lot of work emails are sent with training videos, seminars, or how-to videos and a bigger screen is much more convenient.
Whatever your reasons may be, once you decide to use your TV as a computer monitor, hooking it up can be done hassle-free.
There is a reason computer monitors are marketed differently than TVs. They both are made to do different things. Computer monitors tend to cost more than TVs. The reason monitors cost more is because they are considered long-term investments and offer high quality for gaming.
It is also not ideal for a TV screen to be used as a computer monitor if you are going to be doing regular computer tasks like checking emails, surfing the web, or reading articles.
When you have a computer monitor in front of you, all you need to do is glance across the screen with your eyes. If you are looking at a large TV screen, you will be moving your neck constantly and this may cause some neck pain if you do this for an extended period.
Anytime you need to decide to purchase or change the way you do things, you may want to simply make a pro and con list. You need to decide what it is you do the most on your computer.
If you are a huge gamer and into graphics and want to feel like you are part of the on-screen excitement then using an LG TV screen is the best option. The larger screen will surely make you feel like you are right in the middle of the action.
On the other hand, if you only use your computer to check emails, look at your bank statements or read articles then sticking to a computer monitor is the way to go.