Xfinity Remote Will Not Pair With TCL TV
It can be very frustrating losing your TCL TV remote. It can be more frustrating when trying to pair a new remote with your TV, especially when you want to enjoy your favorite TV show. Sometimes, setting up your remote requires very long, and tedious steps which you will only find in their instruction manual.
There are many reasons why your Xfinity remote may not be pairing with your TCL TV. The most common reason is the batteries are dead in the remote and need to be replaced with charged ones.
Each remote also requires a different setup, and setting it up the wrong way would not make the remote pair, or work on your TCL device. In this case, it might be the Xfinity Remote you may be trying to set up. In this article, we are going to look at why your Xfinity Remote will not pair with your TCL smart TV, and how you can successfully solve this and pair it up.
Why Won’t My Xfinity Remote Pair With My TV?
There may be different reasons why your Xfinity remote would not pair, or control your TCL TV. If you have an Xfinity remote, and the buttons are not responding, you might also find it difficult to pair it with your TCL TV. So why isn’t my Xfinity remote pairing with my TV?
Your Xfinity remote won’t pair with your TCL TV because:
- It may have dead batteries
- The remote may require a reset
There are two major ways to pair your Xfinity remote to your TCL. It can be done using a code, or you can automatically connect it to your TCL Television.
If your Xfinity remote won’t pair with your TCL TV, you have to troubleshoot it to know if it’s coming from a weak or dead battery, or if the device needs a full reset before you can be able to pair it once again.
How Do I Pair My Xfinity Remote With My TCL TV?
Pairing your Xfinity Remote with your TCL TV is easy, and we are going to show you the different ways you can do that. With these steps, you might also be able to pair Comcast Remotes since it’s the parent brand of the Xfinity remote. There are two ways you can connect your Xfinity remote, and we would look into that now:
Pairing Your Xfinity Remote Automatically
Before you try out using codes to pair your Xfinity Remote, you should try connecting it to your TV automatically as it will save you the stress of applying codes.
To pair automatically, do this:
- Ensure your TCL Television is turned on.
- On your Xfinity Remote, press the “setup” button, and hold until the light turns from red to green. This means it is ready to pair.
- Press the following combinations, “9, 9, 1”
- Wait for the green light to blink twice.
- Press and hold the “Channel Up” button until your TV shuts down.
- Lock in your code by pressing the “Setup” button.
Once you have paired, check if all the Xfinity Remote buttons are active. If not, check the batteries and connect again.
Pairing Your Xfinity Remote Using Codes
To pair your TCL TV, the code you are to use is most likely “11756”.
To pair this remote with the code, do this:
- Make sure your TCL TV is turned on.
- Tap on the “TV” button, located at the top of the remote.
- Hold the “Setup” button until the light blinks twice.
- Input the above code using your Xfinity Remote.
If the code is correct and you have paired the rote correctly, the light will blink twice. If it doesn’t set up well, it will blink red once. You can try some other codes in the process such as “10843”, “10037”, “12434”, or “10625”.
How Do I Factory Reset My Xfinity Remote?
If the batteries in your Xfinity Remote work just fine, and it doesn’t connect to your TCL TV, try resetting your Xfinity Remote.
Resetting the Xfinity XR11 Remote
To reset your Xfinity remote (XR11), do this:
- Press and hold the “Setup” button until the light turns from red to green.
- Press the following combination “9, 8, 1”.
- The LED light would flash green twice meaning your remote has been successfully reset.
Resetting your Xfinity Remote unpairs your devices so you have to pair them again. You can refer to the above guide if you need help with that.
Resetting the Xfinity XR15 Remote
To reset your Xfinity remote (XR15), do this:
- Press and hold the “Diamond” button (D)
- Press the “Triangle” button (A) at the same time for 3 seconds, until the light turns from red to green.
- Press the following combination “9, 8, 1”.
- The LED will flash blue three times, meaning that the remote has been reset.
The XR15 Model doesn’t have a setup button so you have to pair it by pressing both buttons. If your remote doesn’t reset, consider changing the batteries of the remote.
It can be frustrating when your Xfinity Remote does not pair with your TCL TV. What you have to do is to troubleshoot it to know why it keeps happening. It may be from dead or weak batteries, or from the need to reset your remote first before pairing it to your TCL TV. Either way, you can get it working again using our guide above.