Samsung TV are well known to be compatible with just about everything. Recently, some Samsung TV users have reported that their Samsung TVs weren’t able to play MP4 formatted files – and are looking for ways around this. MP4 files are popular and are used to show displays of music and movie videos, as well as other audiovisual content.
Samsung TVs are capable of playing MP4s. This can be achieved through a variety of options, like file conversion programs, screen mirroring, or using your HDMI cable.
Watching an MP4 video on your Samsung TV screen can be done – and we have compiled some legitimate TV hacks that will let you play your MP4 videos on Samsung TV easily. Read on to learn how you can work your way around if you wish to play MP4 videos on your Samsung TV.
Use A File Conversion Program
MP4 format is supported by Samsung TVs, according to Samsung’s official site. But for an MP4 video to be played correctly on a Samsung TV, it should be in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video codec and AAC audio codec.
You can find out if your MP4 video is in the required format by checking it on MediaInfo. If it is not according to the supported codec, you can easily use a file conversion program to convert it to Samsung TV-supported MP4 codec.
Here is a step by step guide to convert your MP4 file according to the Samsung TV codec:
- Download a video converter application on your PC.
- Open your video converter tool, and click on the “add video” button to transfer or import your MP4 video. (You can also drag and drop your video to the “add video” button.)
- Click on the profile bar and select the common video or general video option.
- Tap on MP4 codec: (H.264 and aac) as your output format from the list of available formats that appear.
- Once your video is converted, check it again on the MediaInfo site, and if the format of your video is correct, you can then transfer it to your USB drive and play it on your Samsung TV.
Another possible disruption when it comes to playing MP4 videos on Samsung TVs is related to the difference of specifications on your MP4 video, and Samsung’s approved specifications for MP4 videos.
Here is how you can fix this issue:
- Import your video or use the drag and drop option to load it on your video converter tool.
- Click the settings button located beside the profile bar.
- A list of available resolutions will now appear on your screen.
- Select the 3840*[email protected] or 1920*[email protected] specifications and wait for your MP4 video to convert.
- Once it is done converting, check its specifications on the MediaInfo site, and if they are right, transfer your video to your USB drive.
- Play your MP4 video on your Samsung TV without a hassle.
Play MP4 on Samsung TV via HDMI Cable
If you are unable to play your MP4 videos on your Samsung TV and are unable to change the format or resolution of your video, this hack can help.
All that you need to have to be able to try this hack is a PC and an HDMI cable.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your PC and the other end with your Samsung TV.
- Now grab your Samsung TV remote and tap on the menu button.
- Select the inputs option or something similar to that and choose HDMI as your input method.
- Once connected, play your MP4 video on the PC and it should play on your Samsung TV without any glitch.
Samsung TVs Can Play MP4 Files With Ease
While Samsung TVs may initially limit your ability to play MP4 videos, there are several workarounds that you can do to avoid this in the future – with or without converting! You can follow the hacks above to get back to enjoying your MP4 files on your Samsung TV device – and stop the conversion issues for good.