Why Is My Sharp TV Volume So Low?
After a long day at work, it is nice to kick back on the couch and flip on a favorite TV show on your Sharp TV. TVs are excellent sources of entertainment when they are functioning correctly. Nothing is more aggravating than turning on your television and realizing that the volume isn’t working correctly. With great disdain, you ask yourself, why is my Sharp TV Volume so low?
A Sharp TV’s volume may be too low due to the settings configurations, the volume being too low or muted, or the TV needing an update. Another common problem users face is forgetting that they have headphones connected to the Sharp TV when playing the audio.
Knowing basic troubleshooting information can be helpful when trying to fix your volume problems. Sometimes the basics aren’t enough to fix the overall problem, or they only guide you in a general direction. Below, you can find more detailed information on ways to troubleshoot your Sharp TV’s audio issues.
Every Sharp TV comes with an entire menu full of setting configurations. Typically these configurations are factory set before you open your TV. Unless you or a family member touches these settings, they usually stay the same. Occasionally a third-party software or cable device can also affect these settings, affecting the volume output on your TV, causing it to sound too low.
When these settings are changed, they can cause audio issues for your TV. One of the most common reasons your Sharp TV volume is too low is that the speakers are not properly set up in the configuration menu.
How to Check your Configuration
- First, go to the menu icon on your TV, it usually looks like a gear. Sometimes you can quickly access this with your remote by pushing the word “Menu” or “Settings,” depending on your model.
- Next, scroll down to the audio and sound tab within the settings.
- Check your audio output device. If your audio output device is not the speakers you have plugged in, you are on the right track.
- Select your speakers from the menu so that the TV knows to use them for its audio output source.
- Save the new settings and apply them.
- Check your volume. Hopefully, it’s working now!
Remote Control Mishaps
Most TVs come with remotes that have standard controls. These controls often include channel up, channel down, volume up and down, and the mute button. Sometimes these buttons and options can be used, resulting in the volume of your television lowering or becoming nonexistent.
Use the volume buttons on your Sharp TV remote to check the level of volume the TV is currently at. This volume level begins at the number 0 for no volume and can go all the way up to 100. If the volume is under the number 20, it may be too low. Turn it up to see if your get better results.
The mute button silences the TV and does not allow it to produce any noise. Try pressing the button to unmute your TV. A small speaker should pop up on the window, and a slash mark will be removed from it if your TV is muted. This should then allow you to hear the volume on your TV again.
You can also control the volume on your Sharp TV without the remote from an app.
Update your Firmware
Smart TVs, such as the Sharp TV series, need to be updated regularly. If a smart TV’s software is out of date, it can cause a TV to malfunction, therefore affecting its picture and sound functionality. A common problem that outdated software can cause is a lack of video and low audio.
You must regularly check your television’s software for updates. To update your TV, it must first be connected to the internet through a WiFi connection. You connect your TV to WiFi in the settings menu.
How to Get the Right Firmware
Once your TV is connected to the internet, you can check if the firmware is updated. If it is not, it is time to get online and prepare to update your TV yourself.
- Grab a USB stick and place it in the USB port on your computer. The computer will let you know when it reads it via a small pop-up box on the bottom right-hand corner.
- Next, go to the Sharp product download page of their website. Select your product by entering its name or model in the search bar.
- Pick the right firmware for your TV model—double click it to download it and save it onto your USB.
- Safely remove the USB from your computer and insert the USB into the USB port on your Sharp TV.
- Go to Digital Setup select Software Update under the menu section. Select your USB, press enter twice and download the software.
- Check your volume to see if it has improved.
Headphones are a Bane and a Boon
Headphones are fantastic tools used every day. You can also connect most modern pairs to your TV so that watching a show does not disturb others who may be in close quarters with you. Sometimes, people who use headphones forget they have them plugged in, causing them to believe their TV volume is too low.
To troubleshoot this, try unplugging your headphones from your Sharp TV. If your headphones are Bluetooth enabled, try powering them down to lose the signal temporarily. After doing this, turn the TV off and then on again to see if it has fixed the issue.
Sometimes the Volume is Too Low
If you have tried troubleshooting your Sharp TV with all of the basic methods and still have no luck, it may be time to call the Sharp customer service line. Customer service representatives are trained to help users troubleshoot their TVs and research issues to remedy them. Hopefully, they can help you and get your TV back in order.