When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There are over 50 universal remote codes available for use with Hisense TVs. Manufacturers, models, and service providers have their codes.
Using your smartphone could be an alternative if you don’t have a remote for your Hisense TV or are unsure about which remote is right for it. While you can operate a Hisense TV without a remote, its functions are limited.
Listed below are the remote types and codes that will work with your Hisense TV:
|Number of Digits in Code||Applicable Codes|
|4||0009, 0073, 0145, 0156, 0182, 0208, 0216, 0227, 0508, 0696, 0748, 0753, 0780, 0821, 0848, 1170|
|5||10748, 11758, 12183|
Hisense TVs also have codes specific to certain types of TV manufacturers. These can be hard to look up without searching for hours on the remote manufacturer’s website. To save you time, we have provided you with the bran specific remote codes that work with the Hisense TV:
|Remote Brand||Applicable Codes|
|GE||0073, 0182, 0216|
|One-For-All||0073, 0182, 0216|
|Phillips||0223, 0819, 0908|
|Westinghouse||0004, 0073, 0077, 0182, 0216, 1016, 1173, 1176, 2060, 2463, 2464, 2503, 3537|
Search for the Code
You are not alone if you don’t know which code you need to pair your remote with your Hisense TV. Hisense has incorporated a feature that allows the user to perform a code search on the TV for the remote control, which is extremely helpful. Using the following steps, you can conduct a code search:
- Turn on the Hisense TV
- Click the Setup button and hold it
- Type in 9-1-1
- Now press the power button and hold it down. Simultaneously, press the channel up button until the TV turns itself off
- When the TV turns off, go and press the power button on the remote to turn it back on
- If the TV turns on, press the device button to save the code, your remote is now programmed for your TV
The TV has to go through each code individually to determine if it matches the code of the universal remote control, which can be a time-consuming process. There will be a success with this method, but it can be frustrating sometimes to put aside the time and effort it takes to be successful.
Here is our guide on how to pair the GE Universal Remote to any TV:
Program Your Remote Manually
If you have identified your keycode in one of the above charts, you are off to a great start. This will help you set up your universal remote seamlessly. It will also take the least amount of time. To set your new remote up with a code:
- Turn on the Hisense TV
- Click the TV button on your universal remote
- Hold the setup button on the universal remote until the light starts to flash
- Enter the numerical code associated with your universal remote
- Point your remote control at the TV and hold the power button down until it turns itself off
- Release the power button
- Your remote is programmed and ready for use
This method of pairing a universal remote, whether battery operated or USB charged, is the fastest and most convenient way to do so. Knowing the appropriate code for the remote ahead of time will save a user ten minutes of frustration trying to pair the remote without a code.
Program Your Remote Without a Code
Sometimes, it is impossible to know which code is appropriate for your universal remote. Hisense provides a way to program your remote to the TV with this in mind. The best way to accomplish this feat is by following these steps:
- Turn your TV on manually by pushing the power button on the unit.
- Take the remote, and press the TV power button for three seconds to put it into pairing mode.
- Point the remote at the TV and press channel up and channel down until the TV turns off on its own.
- Try turning the TV back on with the remote controller. Push the power button to do so.
- If the TV turns on, it works to press the device button, and it will save the code.
It is important to save the code after pairing your remote. If you do not, the TV can lose the pairing signal, and you may need to start all over again. Not only would that be frustrating, but it is also time-consuming.
Know Your Code
The best way to program any remote is to know the code associated with the remote before you go to pair it with the TV. If the TV comes with the remote, it is likely already paired or will pick up immediately. If you buy a new remote, you may find yourself here, researching its proper code. Either way, take the time to learn it; it will be worth your while.