When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Samsung TV Plus is the default streaming service available on Samsung Smart TVs and as a web application accessible by smartphones and PCs. With Samsung TV Plus, you can watch tens of exclusive TV channels completely free on your TV: no subscriptions, no fees! TV Plus will automatically play shows. That may be a good thing for a while, but it will start getting on your nerves soon enough.
Getting rid of Samsung TV Plus can be tricky, and there is also the question of whether you can get your TV Plus content back after you have disabled it once. Cheer up, though, because figuring out the best solution for your problem is what we are here to do.
Disable The Samsung TV Plus App
This method is easy but does not keep TV Plus at bay forever because it may return from time to time even after you have gone through the process. Here is how you’ll go about doing it:
- Switch on the TV and press the Home button from the remote.
- Select the Samsung TV Plus app.
- Press the Down button on the remote. That will open a drop-down menu with two options: Move and Remove.
- Navigate to the Remove option and press Enter on the remote. A dialog box will appear.
- Now select Disable and press Enter.
Now you won’t have to deal with a random show popping up on your screen as soon as you turn on the TV. After this process, you can bring TV Plus back whenever you want. If you would like to learn more about Samsung, check out this article.
Delete Specific TV Plus Channels
If you want to delete individual TV Plus Channels from your Samsung TV, this is the way to go. This option is more effective for stopping Samsung TV Plus from annoying you every time you turn on the TV.
Take these steps to delete TV Plus channels:
- Turn on your Samsung TV.
- Press the Source button and select TV Plus. Now press the channel list button on the remote. If your remote does not have a channel list button, press the Home button and navigate to TV Plus. Select Channel List from the subsequent menu.
- Navigate to the top of the menu and press Edit Channels.
- Check the tick boxes for all TV channels (or some of them if you want).
- Navigate to Delete and press Enter.
- Depending on your model, you may be required to press OK to confirm the deletion.
These TV channels will disappear, but you can bring them back by resetting your Smart Hub if your TV allows for it. It is also possible (though improbable) for a future software update to restore these channels. If that happens, you can repeat the process to disable TV Plus. You might also love owning the remote control for Samsung TV Plus Short Keys.
Deactivate TV Plus From The Service Menu
If you have a Samsung Basic/Full remote instead of a Samsung Smart remote, you can open up the service menu and use a different method to turn off TV Plus. Be careful because the service menu has many technical settings you are not supposed to touch. Changing them may cause your TV to become defective and subsequently violate the product warranty.
Anyways, the process goes like this:
- Turn the TV off.
- Enter the service mode combination for your TV. Most newer Samsung TVs require pressing (INFO), (MENU), (MUTE), and (POWER) in quick succession from the extended remote.
Now, let’s take a look at how to do so if this doesn’t work for you.
What Happens If The Previous Process Doesn’t Work?
If this did not work for you, check here details for more Samsung TV service mode codes:
- Select Options Menu once you are in the service menu.
- Select Engineer Options.
- Navigate to TV Plus Support and turn it off.
- Switch off the TV to exit the service menu.
Now, let’s see how to enable Plus mode when you want it on again.
Reading Bonus- How To Enable Plus Mode
If you disabled the Samsung TV Plus app but now want it back, you can enable it again like this:
- Turn on your TV.
- Navigate to Sources in the app bar at the bottom.
- Select TV Plus and press the Up button on the remote.
- Navigate to Add to Home and press Enter.
Now, let’s see how to restart your Smart Hub.
How to Reset Smart Hub
To reset your Smart Hub and bring back deleted TV Plus channels, follow these steps:
- Switch on your Samsung TV.
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Open Settings (mostly the gear-shaped icon).
- Navigate to Support and then to Self Diagnosis.
- Select Reset Smart Hub.
You should always have your TV’s manual on hand when following these instructions. Sometimes, one or two things can be slightly different depending on your model, and it is better to open the manual instead of panicking or worrying.
And if you still need to clear up a query, Samsung Support is always available for you!
Samsung TV Plus is a free streaming service. It has lots of high-quality content, but it does have its drawbacks. The automated nature of the app means you have more convenience but less control. However, now you know every trick in the book to deal with the annoyances of TV Plus. So, sit back, relax and control more of what your TV plays whenever you want some entertainment from it.