When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Spectrum is one of the fastest-growing internet, TV, mobile, and voice providers. One of their services is Spectrum voicemail which allows you to manage your phone calls through Spectrum Voice Services. Instead of coming back to several missed calls and no message, Spectrum voicemail enables the other party to leave a message. In this article, we look at how to set up your Spectrum voicemail easily.
You just need to dial *99 from your spectrum phone and follow the automated instructions you will receive. You will be asked to set up a four-digit pin. You will then receive prompts to record your personalized message. This is the message others will get to hear when they call your phone.
Setting up your spectrum voicemail is not that complicated. It is an activity that can be completed within a few minutes. Read on to know more about how to set up your spectrum voicemail and solutions to some of the problems you may encounter when setting up your spectrum voicemail.
How To Set Up Your Spectrum Voicemail
As we mentioned earlier, setting up the Spectrum Voicemail service is easy. Here are the steps you need to follow to easily set up your spectrum voicemail.
- Dial *99 from your home phone
- Follow the prompts to create a four-digit pin. When setting up your pin, it is important to note that it shouldn’t have more than two repetitive digits. You should also not key in sequential numbers.
- After entering then pin, press #
- You will then be prompted to enter the pin a second time. Follow the same process and press # after you have keyed in your pin.
- Record your message and customize your mailbox options, and you are good to go.
To avoid entering your pin every time you want to listen to a voicemail message, you can turn the PIN skip feature on. Click on the phone icon>Voice online manager>settings>voicemail settings>voicemail PIN option and turn on the PIN skip part.
How To Record A Spectrum Voicemail Greeting
While Spectrum has a default tone, you can set up an individual greeting that will be heard by the other party making the call.
Recording a Spectrum Voicemail greeting:
- Sign in to your Spectrum account. It is advisable to use a computer as voicemail greetings cannot be recorded from your mobile phone.
- Select the phone icon. It is mainly on the top right corner, giving you access to the Voice Online Manager and then go to settings> voicemail greetings.
- Select your preferred greeting type
- Press record and start recording your personalized message.
- When done, save changes for the Spectrum Voicemail to pick up the new voicemail greeting.
Most of you are now wondering how to listen to your Spectrum Voicemail messages, but not to worry. This next section dives more into listening to the Spectrum Voicemails and even deleting old voicemails that you no longer need.
How to Listen to the Spectrum Voicemail Messages
Listening to your Spectrum Voicemail message does not require a lot of technical knowledge. It is like listening to other voicemail messages and can be done at any time.
When you need to catch up on your Spectrum Voicemail messages, simply dial *99 and enter your four-digit pin.
You can also listen to voicemail messages from your computer. Here is how to go about that-:
- Sign in to your spectrum account and click on the home phone icon.
- Go to the Voice Online Manager and click on the voicemails tab.
- Select the voicemail message you would like to listen to. You can also filter them as heard or unheard and play the unheard.
Deleting Spectrum Voicemail Messages
Sometimes you may want to delete heard Spectrum Voicemail messages, especially those that are not so important to create more storage space, and deleting this voicemail is not complicated. To delete a Spectrum Voicemail message, you just need to press 3 on your home phone. Note that this is after you are done listening to the message.
Therefore you will have to dial *99. Enter your pin and select the voice message you wish to delete. If you want to delete a message after listening to it, then press 3 when the recorded message is done playing.
When using a computer or desktop, you will need to go to the voicemail tab. Here there is an option to delete heard or less important Spectrum voicemail messages.
It pays to have someone take a message and forward it to you, especially when you have so much on your hands and no time to spare. This is one of the main reasons most of us prefer to use voicemail services, and Spectrum is one of the providers of this service. The above steps will guide you when setting up your Spectrum Voicemail.