When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you’re looking for a new television and want one that has the Google Chrome browser built-in, then you might be wondering if Toshiba offers such a model.
Not all Toshiba TVs have built-in Google Chrome browsers and Google Play Store. However, those TVs do have a built-in web browser that allows you to access various streaming content providers. Moreover, there are some workaround options to use Chrome on your Toshiba TV.
Toshiba TV offers a great web experience, a variety of picture quality settings, and voice control. Google Chrome on your Toshiba TV is icing on the cake. Let’s see how you can access it without replacing any hardware.
Does Toshiba TV Have Built-In Chrome?
Thanks to their powerful processors and large display screens, Toshiba’s Smart TVs offer a great web browsing experience. You’ll have a fast and responsive web experience on Toshiba’s smart TVs. It’s easy to surf the web, stream videos, and stay connected with Toshiba, but does it offer Google Chrome?
Your Toshiba TV will only have Chrome if it runs on the Android OS. If your device supports Android OS, you will find Google Play Store with an option to download and enjoy Chrome. Otherwise, you’d have Toshiba’s own app store with other apps.
Even though Toshiba Smart TV does not have built-in Chrome, there are still many ways to use Chrome on Toshiba Smart TV.
How to Use Google Chrome on Toshiba TV
There are many ways to use Google Chrome on Toshiba TV. One way is to use the Google Chrome app on your smart TV. You can also use a web browser to download and install it. You’ll need your Toshiba TV to be connected to WiFi.
You can even use Chrome on your PC or laptop and cast it to your Toshiba Smart TV. Another way is to use the Chrome Remote Desktop app to access your Chrome browser on your Toshiba Smart TV.
How to Download Google Chrome for Toshiba TV
The latest Toshiba TV range works with Chromecast. You will need a Wi-Fi connection to use this feature. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to download Google Chrome onto a Toshiba TV. Before downloading Google Chrome onto your Toshiba TV, you must make sure that your Toshiba TV software is up to date by:
- Go to the settings icon in the top right-hand corner and select it on your Toshiba TV.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Scroll down and select “About.”
- Select “Software Update.”
- If a software update is available, select “Download.”
- Once the download is complete, select “Install.”
- Restart your Toshiba TV after the installation.
After your Toshiba TV restarts, or if there are no software updates, you will:
- Select “Settings.”
- A drop-down menu will appear. Scroll down and select “Apps.”
- Select “Google Play Store.”
- If you haven’t signed in with Google, connect it to your account.
- Click on the “Search” icon after signing in.
- Type “Google Chrome” into the search bar and select it.
- Select “Install,” and once the installation is complete, select “Open.”
It will redirect you to the Google Chrome homepage. From here, you can begin browsing the web!
Chrome is an excellent feature for Toshiba TVs because it allows you to access the internet on your television. You can use Chrome to browse the web, watch videos, or even play games.
How to Connect Chromecast With Toshiba TV
You can use Chromecast to access Google Chrome on your Toshiba TV. If you’re one of the many people who own a Toshiba TV and want to get the most out of it, you may be wondering how to connect Chromecast with Toshiba TV. While it’s not as difficult as it may seem, there are a few things you need to know before you can get started.
- First, make sure you have connected your Toshiba TV to the internet.
- Open the Chrome app on your phone, tablet, or laptop at the top right corner of the screen.
- After that, you’ll see a list of available devices. Select your Toshiba TV from the list and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Tap the Cast icon.
- Select your Toshiba TV from the list of devices.
- Once your TV is connected, you’ll see the Chrome home screen on your TV.
Once you are there, you can browse content using the controls on your phone, tablet, or laptop. You can also watch a video by tapping the cast icon in the lower right corner of the video player.
Remember that you’ll need to have a compatible HDMI port on your TV to use Chromecast. If you don’t have one, you can still use Chromecast by connecting it to an HDMI adapter.
Once you’ve successfully connected Chromecast with Toshiba TV, you’ll be able to enjoy all the functionalities that Chrome offers.
Many models of Toshiba TV do not come with built-in Google Chrome, but there are still ways to access Chrome on your smart TV.
If you’re interested in using Chrome on your Toshiba TV, there are a few workaround options. One is to connect your TV to a computer or laptop with Chrome installed and then use the TV as a second monitor. It will allow you to use Chrome on your TV, but it will be more cumbersome than having a built-in browser.
A few options are available from other manufacturers if you want to avoid the hassle with a TV with built-in Chrome. Samsung, LG, and Vizio all offer TVs with built-in Chrome. You should be able to find a TV that meets your needs.