Samsung TVs dominate the TV market for a reason – their quality, design, versatility, and ease of use are unmatched. These TVs allow you to enjoy music, movies, video games, and so much more. They also have a library of dozens of entertainment apps to enhance your watching experience.
Most newer models of Samsung smart TVs come with Freeview. However, if your TV is from 2016 or earlier, you might not be able to access it so easily. Instead, if you do have an older TV, you might need to go through a 3rd party streaming device.
One of the top entertainment apps available is Freeview. Read on to learn what Freeview is, why you need it, how to get it, and if it is compatible with your current Samsung device.
Does My Samsung TV Have Freeview?
Freeview is a great asset to all TV users, so it’s no wonder you might be wanting to access it.
Almost all Samsung TVs that are 2017 or later made have a built-in Freeview app. However, if your Samsung TV is older or doesn’t have a Freeview app, you can still get it just by following the quick guide mentioned below.
How Can I Get Freeview on My Samsung TV?
There are two ways to use the Freeview app on Samsung TV. One is with aerial and the other is without aerial.
Freeview Using An Aerial
Here is how you can get access to Freeview on your Samsung TV with aerial:
If you already have an aerial, all that you need to do to be able to access Freeview on your Samsung TV is:
- Ensure that your TV is in good shape and none of its parts are damaged.
- Position your aerial towards the transmitter. (Roof aerials are recommended for Freeview but indoor or portable aerials work pretty well too)
- Connect the aerial lead to your Samsung TV.
- Tune your Samsung TV and allow time for it to find all the available Freeview channels.
- Once all the available channels are tuned, you can start binge-watching your favorite shows.
Freeview Without An Aerial
Here is how you can get Freeview on your Samsung TV without an aerial:
Using the Samsung Smart Hub or Samsung Store:
- The first step to getting the Freeview app on your Samsung TV is making sure that your Samsung TV is connected to a stable Internet connection.
- Verify this by clicking on the Menu button on your remote control.
- Select “Network Settings” and choose the network type. Tap on the wireless option and wait for your TV to detect available wireless networks.
- Once you see your wireless router or device’s name appear on your Samsung TV screen, select it and enter your password to connect your Samsung TV to the internet.
- Once your Samsung TV is connected to the Internet. Click on the Menu button on the remote control again.
- Now select “Samsung Smart Hub” or “Samsung Store” and open it.
- Once you are in the Samsung Store, tap on the search option and type in “Freeview app.”
- When the store finds the right app, select it and click on the download button to download it on your Samsung TV.
- When the Freeview app is downloaded, all you need to do now is open it and you will have complete access to your favorite networks and shows.
Accessing Freeview Through Other Devices
If for any reason you don’t have the Samsung Store on your Samsung TV, or you are unable to access it, you can get Freeview on your TV using a Roku or Amazon Firestick device.
Here is how you can get the Freeview app on your Samsung TV using a Roku device:
- Connect your Samsung TV to the internet.
- Plug in a Roku streaming device into your Samsung TV.
- Open the Roku channel store.
- Search for the Freeview app.
- Download it and enjoy streaming your favorite channels.
Here is how you can get the Freeview app on your Samsung TV using an Amazon Firestick:
- Connect Samsung TV to the internet.
- Plug in an Amazon Firestick device into your Samsung TV.
- Now search for the Freeview app on the Amazon store.
- Once you find it, download and install it.
- Enjoy your favorite shows with friends and family.
What Is Freeview?
Freeview is the UK’s biggest digital television service. It lets its users access UK’s most demanded TV and radio channels in return for a one-time payment.
It can be delivered to any UK resident’s home through an aerial if they own a TV, Personal Video Recorder PVR, and set-top box. It is important to note that some of Freeview’s channels can also be accessed without an aerial.
Getting The Freeview App On Your Device Has Never Been Easier
Getting the Freeview app on your device is easy – and can be done through your Samsung TV, an aerial system, Roku, or your Amazon Firestick. Download the Freeview app today, and start streaming your favorite shows and movies!