Can Samsung TV Use Zoom? (Workarounds Included)
Samsung is a well-known manufacturer of TVs. The company has been in this industry for more than four decades, and it continues to be one of the best brands in the market today. And with all its functionalities, many wonder if Samsung TV can use zoom?
While Samsung TVs are known for their incredible features and functionalities, it’s impossible to use Zoom on a Samsung TV because it doesn’t have the app. However, there’s a way to go around this dilemma.
Connecting your Zoom app to your Samsung TV can be a god-sent experience. You’ll no longer have to worry about struggling to see through a small screen or holding it up, as is the case with mobile phones. So, how can you use Zoom on a Samsung TV? Here’s everything you need to know.
Can I Use Zoom On a Samsung Smart TV?
Zoom has revolutionized how people interact and work. Gone are the days when you had to attend in-person meetings and conferences and were limited to a specific space. Zoom allows you to communicate, collaborate and meet face-to-face with others from around the world.
Not to mention, you can also use Zoom on multiple devices such as phones, tablets, and PCs. As a result, you can have a seamless video meeting experience wherever you are.
Therefore, if you have a Samsung smart TV, it’s only natural to wonder if you can use Zoom on your TV.
Unfortunately, Samsung TV doesn’t have the Zoom app. Therefore, you can’t directly use the Zoom app on your Samsung TV. However, thanks to technology, there’s a way to go around this.
How Do I Use Zoom On My Samsung TV?
If Zoom meetings have become a part of your everyday life, you’re probably wondering how you can use Zoom on your Samsung TV to enjoy a bigger display and hassle-free experience.
Thankfully, with how modern devices are interconnected today, you can accomplish this task in just a few steps.
Screen Mirroring with Smart View
The easiest way to get around the Zoom app not being on your Samsung TV is by using screen mirroring. Screen recording allows you to see all of your phone or computer’s displays right on your Samsung TV screen so that you can get a better view of what’s going on during any video calls.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Ensure your phone/computer and TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Open the Quick settings panel. To do this, swipe down from the top of the screen using two fingers. Next, swipe to and tap the Smart View icon.
- Note: If the Smart View icon does not appear, try swiping left. If doing so doesn’t work, your device may not be compatible, or it may need to be added to the panel.
- Select your Samsung TV from the list of available devices.
- Enter a PIN or allow access to complete the connection if prompted.
- Your device’s screen will now appear on the TV.
Screen Mirroring with Chromecast
If you have Chromecast, you can use it to stream content from your device’s screen. Here’s what you need to do:
- Ensure your Chromecast is fully set up and all devices are connected to the same WiFi Network.
- Find the screen mirroring option on your phone or computer. The location varies depending on the brand of your device.
- Next, tap the Chromecast device your want to cast to.
- Once you are connected, you can now open Zoom and use it with your smart TV.
Using a Roku to Mirror Your Screen
If you have a Roku streaming device, you can use it to mirror your computer screen as well. Here are the steps to mirroring your screen using a Roku:
- Ensure your Roku is fully set up and that all devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Locate the cast or mirror option on your computer and scan for nearby devices. The option may vary depending on the model of the device you’re using. Therefore, it’s advisable to consult the user manual if you can’t seem to locate it.
- Search for your Roku device from the list of available devices and connect to it.
- Grant permission to the devices to allow them to connect seamlessly.
- Once the devices are connected successfully, you are now mirroring your screen.
- Open Zoom and use it like normal.
Source: The Home Theater DIY
While Samsung TVs are among the best in the market, it’s still impossible to use all apps, including Zoom on Samsung smart TVs. So the only way to have your meetings on the big screen is to mirror your phone or computer screen on your Samsung TV.
This way, you’ll be able to use the different Zoom features without any hassle while viewing from the big screen. Therefore, try some of the methods we’ve shared in this article to mirror your screen and try Zoom on Samsung TV.