By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You need speakers with your PC but do not have them and are wondering if Echo Studio can serve as a speaker setup for your computer.
Amazon’s Echo Studio can connect to a computer to use as a speaker. Users can plug an AUX cable into a 3.5 mm audio port to use it as a wired speaker or as a wireless speaker via Bluetooth.
Can I Use Echo Studio As A Computer Speaker?
Echo Studio can connect to any personal computer via an AUX cable. However, this Bluetooth-enabled device can connect with any laptop or computer via Bluetooth to function as a wireless speaker system.
The Echo Studio features a 3.5 mm aux-in port for using this device as a speaker. It also comes with Bluetooth functionality to make the connectivity process a breeze.
While today’s mobile phone and laptop systems incorporate built-in Bluetooth, the connectivity becomes convenient. PC users will need a Bluetooth-enabling device installed in their computer before attempting to pair it with the Echo Studio if they wish to use it wirelessly. Echo Studio works equally well on Windows and Mac-based computers, both as a wireless speaker and an AUX-connected device.
How Do I Use My Echo Studio as a Bluetooth Speaker?
Most people like to use the Echo Studio as a Bluetooth speaker by pairing it with their devices. The user has to open a website for Alexa through which the Echo Studio searches for the Windows or Mac-based device and then connects with it.
Follow these steps if you are a Windows user on PC (do not worry about the Windows version. Everything should go fine even if you have Windows 7 installed):
- Open Alexa on any browser on your computer
- Log in
- Go to Settings
- Choose the device you want to use as a speaker and select Bluetooth
- Choose Pair a new device option as it appears on the next screen.
- An efficient alternative to the above three steps is using the Amazon Echo app. If you have the app installed, go to your Echo device’s settings in the app and turn on Bluetooth.
- Now open Bluetooth and start searching for available Bluetooth devices.
- Click on “Add Bluetooth or other devices” and then select your Echo Studio from the list that appears on the next screen.
- If it is not automatic, switch your selected output device for audio from the default one to Echo Studio.
After completing the pairing process with your PC, you will only have to say, “Alexa, Connect to (your desktop’s or laptop’s name)” whenever you want the Echo Studio to serve as an external speaker. Mostly though, Alexa will connect to the PC itself when it is in range and has Bluetooth turned on.
Mac users can set up Echo Studio as a speaker by taking these steps:
- As with Windows, open the Alexa website in a browser and choose Pair a new device.
- Click the Bluetooth symbol in the menu bar on your Mac device.
- If you cannot see it in the bar, go to the menu, choose System Preferences and click on Bluetooth. Now check the show Bluetooth in the menu bar option.
- Click on Connect
Mac will provide instructions on-screen for pairing your Echo Studio to your Mac. You need to follow them to complete the pairing successfully.
How Do You Use Alexa As A Speaker For A PC With Aux?
Any Alexa-enabled Echo device can connect to a PC by plugging an AUX cable into the built-in 3.5 mm aux-in port and using the Echo as a Line-In device. Insert the other end of the cable into the PC to start using it as a speaker.
The following steps explain how you can use an AUX cable to turn your Echo device into a speaker:
- Connect the 3.5 mm AUX cord into the 3.5 mm aux-in port on your Echo device.
- Connect the other end of the AUX to your PC.
- If you are using an Echo Studio, you will first need to ensure it is ready to function as a Line-In device by opening its settings in the Amazon Echo app.
If you play music or audio on your PC but do not hear it from the Echo device, you might need to check and switch the audio output device on your PC to your Echo device.
What’s the Difference Between the Echo and the Echo Dot?
The Amazon Echo is a hands-free virtual assistant that comes with Alexa built-in and has a dedicated high-fidelity smart speaker infused with Dolby Atmos and 3D audio capability. The Echo Dot offers the same functionality, but it lacks a strong speaker.
The Echo is a comprehensive virtual assistance device that serves brilliantly as a speaker system for any other digital device. The Echo Dot also provides the same features as the Echo at a mere fraction of the size and price. You can ask either one of them for the weather, the news, sports updates, and traffic updates, and both will respond with equal finesse.
The Echo Studio is as versatile as it can get; it acts as a fantastic audio solution for all your devices at home. You can connect it with your computer in two ways, including the Bluetooth and AUX input.
Indeed, the Echo Studio can be even more beneficial, depending on how you use it. With Amazon’s Echo virtual assistant, you can improve your lifestyle by getting accurate information quickly and conveniently. Now that you know what is better for you, it is easy to make an informed decision and give your home a modern touch with the Echo Studio.