Why Can’t I Change Channels on Sharp TV?
When programming your Sharp TV, it’s important to know exactly what input source you are going to be using to watch TV. For example, over-the-air channels will need to come through the antenna cable and the correlating option on your television menu, whereas for cable television you will need to ensure your input source is connected to the cable box option.
If you cannot change the channels on your Sharp TV, you most likely have selected the wrong input for the type of television you’re trying to watch.
The good news is, this is a pretty easy fix. We are going to discuss what might be wrong as well as exactly how to troubleshoot each potential issue to get your Sharp TV to get it working again!
There are a few reasons why your Shard TV is having difficulties changing Channels.
- Your remote may not be working. If you can change the channels on the television itself, it’s your remote that needs to be fixed. You can easily replace the batteries, but if that doesn’t do it, you may need to purchase a replacement remote.
- The television is set to the wrong input source. To learn how to change the input, keep reading as we have provided step-by-step directions in the following sections.
- Your television needs to be re-tuned. Once again, this is a super simple solution and the instructions are provided below.
Now that you know what the probable problems are, let’s figure out how to fix them!
The first thing you need to know when understanding input sources is which cables they each connect to. So let’s break it down.
- HDMI: If you have a Sharp TV from the last decade, it will almost certainly come equipped with at least one HDMI cable and a port in the back of the television screen. This source mode can be used when connecting your set-top box, gaming consoles, DVD players, or a variety of other external devices.
- RF: This input is commonly used as your antenna connection to receive free over-the-air television signals. You will need a coaxial cable, which will most likely come included with your television.
While these are the two most popular input possibilities to watch television, there are usually quite a few more options and it can get a little confusing. In the next section, we are going to learn just how to change your Sharp TV’s input source so you can continue watching your favorite channels!
So if you’re having trouble changing the channel on your Sharp TV, as we have learned, it just may be a problem with your input source. But luckily, changing your source can be done in seconds either with the buttons on your television or with your remote.
- Change the input source with your remote.
- Press the Power button if your TV isn’t already on.
- Click the Input button on the remote.
- Use the remote’s arrows to navigate through the list of input sources and choose the one you need.
- Change the input source without your remote.
- Press the Input button on the side or back of your television.
- Use the channel buttons to navigate up and down the list of sources.
- Click the Input button to select your choice.
If for some reason you don’t understand and can’t figure out which input source you should be using, you can always try them all! It may be a little more time-consuming, but it might just do the trick.
Although this is the most common solution to a channel-changing issue on your Sharp TV, there’s a chance that the input source is not your problem.
It seems simple, but first, ensure that your remote is actually working by trying to change the channel manually on the TV itself. If that doesn’t work, here are a few other ideas.
If your TV is having trouble changing the channels for over-the-air TV, there is another troubleshooting option to try.
- Press the Menu button and scroll to Settings.
- Select the Channel option.
- Click and run Auto-tuning.
This process will automatically tune to search and save every available channel and the problem should be fixed!
However, if you are trying to watch cable television through your set-top box or cable box, the best way to try to fix the problem is to simply restart the box itself. You can do that by simply turning it off, and up plugging it for about five minutes before plugging it back in and turning it back on. It just might work!
If none of these instructions help you change the channels on your Sharp TV, you may need some technical assistance.
While Sharp may not be the best-selling brand on the market, they are becoming widely known for their reliable and budget-friendly televisions.
So if you went ahead and got a Sharp TV, and found yourself frustrated that you couldn’t change the channels, we hope we have helped you fix the problem! As we learned, sometimes the most inconvenient issues are actually just user errors or mishaps!
Just remember, if you are having trouble, try turning the TV and the cable box on and off, then reset both devices, make sure your remote has functioning batteries, and of course, ensure your TV input source is set to the correct setting for your connected cable.