What Are The Universal Remote Codes For A Vizio TV?
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Using a different remote control for every device, console, or system can get confusing. There’s one for the TV, another for your sound bar, and another for the Blu-ray player. Getting a universal remote can make it simpler, but what are the universal remote codes for a Vizio TV?
|Number of digits||Codes|
|3-digit (CL3)||502, 627, 004, 113, 505, 011|
|4-digit (CL4)||1758, 0178, 1756, 0128, 0117, 1017, 1078, 0030, 0056, 0205, 1292, 1004|
|5-digit (CL5)||10178, 10117, 11756, 01377, 10885, 10864, 10120|
If you have a different remote for a Vizio product, such as the sound bar or a Blu-Ray, we have the remote codes for you.
Universal Remote Codes for Vizio Soundbar
If you have a Vizio Soundbar, you’ll have different codes for a universal remote:
- 1517 (4-digit code)
- 31517 (5-digit code)
Universal Remote Code for Vizio Blu-Ray
A Vizio Blu-Ray remote will also have a different code, but they only have one code:
Luckily, Vizio doesn’t have as many codes to choose from as some other TV brands, which can have up to 200 possible codes, such as Insignia TVs!
If you don’t want to get a universal remote, you can also operate a Vizio TV without a remote!
Now that you know the universal remote codes for Vizio TVs, how do you pair a universal remote?
How to Pair a Universal Remote with a Vizio TV
To pair a universal remote to your Vizio TV, you’ll need to find the code associated with the TV.
Remote codes are strings of numbers (2-5 digits) associated with devices like TVs and sound systems that let your universal remote control know which device to pair with.
If you’ve purchased a new universal remote control, it likely came with a manual and instructions for pairing it with your devices.
While instructions for each brand of remote are slightly different, they all follow similar steps for setup:
- Turn on your Vizio TV (using the power button on the TV itself). If it’s not turning on, we have some fixes.
- On the universal remote, press and hold the “TV” button until the light on the remote flashes twice. The light will then stay lit.
- Enter the code for your Vizio TV using the number buttons on the remote. The light should flash as you enter each digit. (NOTE: if you’re unsure which code to use, read the paragraph below!)
- After entering the final digit, the light will flash twice and then turn off if the code is accepted.
- Point the remote control at your Vizio TV and press the “Power” button. If your TV turns off, you’ve successfully paired the remote with your Vizio TV.
If you’ve followed the above steps, but it did not work, or if you don’t know which code is the right one for your device, you can use the process of trial and elimination.
Using the codes from the table above (with the appropriate number of digits for your universal remote), repeat the above steps with a different code each time until you find the one that works.
One Remote to Rule Them All
Knowing which universal remote codes to use with your devices makes pairing a remote with your Vizio TV much easier. It can take trial and error, but a universal remote is a great way to simplify your home tech setup once you’ve finished it! Now get streaming and watching TV!